PDA

View Full Version : Its just not quite hot enough for me yet

Paul Pless
06-23-2006, 06:13 PM
It only reached 100 degrees once this week, and on Monday the high was only 92.

Global Warming, bring it on I say.

Memphis Mike
06-23-2006, 06:23 PM
There's no such thing as global warming, silly.:rolleyes: Have some more Kool Aid.

S/V Laura Ellen
06-23-2006, 06:36 PM
I did my annual lobster impression yesterday. When you turn red you're done.:D

bamamick
06-23-2006, 06:38 PM
Yesterday it was 99. We are 25 inches short on our annual average in rainfall for the year, but thank God that today it rained for the first time in weeks.

I have a feeling that we are begin getting rain pretty regularly now. Just 'looks' like it's getting into the pattern.

Mickey Lake

Claudia
06-23-2006, 07:13 PM
It's 82 here now...Humidity 78%. I'm thinking tomorrow is going to be a beach day:D

Paul Pless
06-23-2006, 07:22 PM
I did my annual lobster impression yesterday.

I worked on my farmer's tan yesterday myself. I now gots me a red neck, red forearms, and red legs from just above the knees to a few inches above my ankles. Everything else is ghostly pale white.

Claudia
06-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Nice visual there Paul;)

S/V Laura Ellen
06-23-2006, 07:25 PM
I worked on my farmer's tan yesterday myself. I now gots me a red neck, red forearms, and red legs from just above the knees to a few inches above my ankles. Everything else is ghostly pale white.

Thanks for leaving your "everything else" covered! I can't imagine the pain of having a sunburnt "everything else".:D

Paul Pless
06-23-2006, 07:27 PM
I'll be working on my fisherman's tan this weekend though.

Which means I'll be sunburnt and windburnt as all getout Monday except where my sunglasses, shorts, sandals, and budweiser block the sun's rays.

Meerkat
06-23-2006, 07:28 PM
So far today, it's hit 70...

http://www.komotv.com/weather/images/4_6day.jpg

Paul Pless
06-23-2006, 07:31 PM
sorry bastards:D

editted to add: "dude, that can't be a 'for real' Seattle forecast - there's not a single drop of rain in those seven days..."

LeeG
06-23-2006, 08:12 PM
last week I drove from Morro Bay to I5,,104degrees and 15mph breeze in the valley. I get out of the car at the gas station "hey this isn't too bad, I remember this kind of heat.....er....ok,,5more minutes and I better be back in the air conditioned car"

pipefitter
06-23-2006, 09:22 PM
I love the heat and hate the cold. Easier to get cool than warm. I work in a metal building on the west side of it and anything after that seems cool. Nothing worse than being in AC,getting all showered and cleaned up,walk outside and be drenched in a minute. I do too much outdoors to be a slave to AC. I see people go from their house to their cars and back again. Turn the AC on at night and if it isn't set to 70 or below,it's covers on,covers off all night.Gotta have moving air and all is well.
Also,when my kids were young,with AC on all the time,they always had respiratory problems and having to add a humidifier to up the humidity in the house. Hmmmmm,85% humidity outside and warm. Opened the windows and they stopped having the probs.

Now being that our bodies are how much water? Body temperature is 98.6? What seems like the most idle climate for those considerations? Why do animals that live in the cold all have much fur?

Meerkat
06-24-2006, 01:20 AM

editted to add: "dude, that can't be a 'for real' Seattle forecast - there's not a single drop of rain in those seven days..."Yesterday's forecast called for it to be 90 on Tuesday. As you can see, they've pulled back from that and it would not surprise me that Wed-Sat ended up being at least partly rainy.

Hope springs eternal... ;)

As far as tourists are concerned, it's going to be another week of dismal, dreary, foggy, cold weather, with mutant salmon lying in wait to spring on the unwary!

John B
06-24-2006, 02:16 AM
half the country is shut down with snow.

fortunately not the half I live in.

huisjen
06-24-2006, 05:41 AM
Today's forecast is a bit cooler: 65 high and rain. We got about an inch of rain overnight. Guess who left his truck window open? :mad: :rolleyes:

Dan

John Bell
06-24-2006, 06:40 AM
I changed my avatar in honor of Global warming. Hey, I like it hot!

mmd
06-24-2006, 07:16 AM
"Easier to get cool than warm." - Pipefitter

To us that are acclimatised to cooler latitudes, it's just the opposite - 'tis easier to put on a warmer sweater when it gets colder, but once you're down to shorts and sandals and it gets even warmer there's not much else to do except go inside and turn on the A/C.

When I was in university in Newfoundland, there were a group of students from Pond Inlet doing a course in seafood processing technology. (Pond Inlet is in Canada's far, far north at Lat. 72 deg. 41 min. on the northeast coast of Baffin Island.) In February, when the weather in St. John's was at it's most miserable snowy, windy, best and daytime high temps were in the range of about -10 C. (15 degreees F.), these Inuit guys and girls were wandering around on campus in the coolest clothing they had brought with them - light flannel shirts and blue jeans - and complaining about being too warm!

Goes to show that what is comfortable is what you're acclimatised to, I guess.

Mrleft8
06-24-2006, 07:19 AM

editted to add: "dude, that can't be a 'for real' Seattle forecast - there's not a single drop of rain in those seven days..." Seattle's weather is on vacation in New England.

Cec
06-24-2006, 08:48 AM
Down here in Tennessee it's been very hot and muggy the last few days. I had a date to go for drinks with an old friend last night, someone I haven't seen in a year, and she wanted to find a place to sit outside.... an hour before what I was going to consider to be a roasting and broiling all in one, a thunderstorm moved through. The temps dropped twenty degrees from the high nineties into the mid-seventies... it turned out to be a pleasant evening with a gentle breeze..... ahhh, thank the gods.... I like it cooler than it gets here in Summer.... anything above 80 and I start to bitch.

geeman
06-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Wife and I were out on the lake Thursday,noticed it seemed a bit warm,,we didnt realize we were hot until we got home and saw on the news that it was '97 degrees while we were out there.Didnt seem that hot at the time.

Meerkat
06-26-2006, 01:55 AM
It was quite hot enough here today, thankyouverymuch! It was 88, a new record for the day! :eek:

Tomorrow it's supposed to be 92 or more! :eek: :eek: :eek: :(
http://www.komotv.com/weather/images/4_6day.jpg

PeterSibley
06-26-2006, 02:15 AM
It's mid winter here and 66 F today :) :) Lovely !

huisjen
06-26-2006, 07:24 AM
Funny, that. It's early summer here, 64F, and raining.

Dan

John of Phoenix
06-26-2006, 10:30 AM
113* yesterday. Today is the anniversary of when we hit 122* a few years ago. Southwest Airlines shut down all their flights because the performance charts only went to 120.

Spare me the "But it's a dry heat" business too. Rain literally turns to steam when it hits the street. You think frying eggs on the sidewalk is a trick? Try baking a turkey in the back seat of your car.

We try to stay indoors until October.

Lew Barrett
06-26-2006, 10:48 AM
David,
Those potatos in the Whaler? All baked. :D Read 94 degrees in the sun yesterday. Just as hot today, I think.
Lew

Meerkat
06-26-2006, 02:50 PM
We were by the boathouse yesterday (Sunday) and noticed the bakers still in the whaler! :D

Door locked from the outside, so I figured you and Lindy were lounging around the pool at home. :)