PDA

View Full Version : Off to the races!

Meerkat
06-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Started my oral chemo this morning. I was supposed to start it yesterday, but I had an IV dose of "zometa" yesterday, a bone replacement therapy, and it kicked butt. Very tired and had a fever last evening, so I went to bed early and slept long.

First thing this morning, the first 4 pills. Looks like about 2 grams worth. Can't eat for an hour after or have to wait 2 hours after a meal. Every 12 hours for the next 2 weeks.

jack grebe
06-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Good luck Meer. all the best from Fl.

Meerkat
06-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Thanks. 3 hours later and I'm not really feeling any worse than I did last night, which isn't too good.

huisjen
06-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Good luck Dave.

Dan

Gary E
06-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Good luck Meer, you can win this one...
All the Best to you...
-Gary

RichKrough
06-13-2006, 04:53 PM
Good luck man

Claudia
06-13-2006, 05:41 PM
You know I have faith in ya, it will be a bit rough but worth it. I need you around to keep me in check..no easy task. Call me if you need me;) You and Kip be sweet to each other right now.

Hwyl
06-13-2006, 07:27 PM
It's when they stop treating you that you should start worrying.

Are they going to plumb a pump into you, so you can be absorbing chemo all the time?

Joe (SoCal)
06-13-2006, 07:31 PM

True words

Chin up my friend. we are all here for you.

Lew Barrett
06-13-2006, 07:45 PM
I'm with you pal, you know that; we all are.
Lew

Meerkat
06-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Well, aside from coughing so hard I nearly upchucked just now, I actually feel better now than I have at any time in the last few days!

I find that I am still needing to take vicodin, but not quite so much. It helps with the pain in my shoulder, leg and the difuse chest pain. Also retards coughing, of which I'm doing far too much of late.

Next dose at 10PM PST. Hopefully the docs are right and, like most people, I will barely notice that I'm taking this stuff.

ALL I WANT IS FOR IT TO WORK!

I won't know for probably 5-6 weeks if there's any change. It's 14 days on, 7 days off, and then repeat. After the 2nd round, they'll do a CT scan, which will tell the tale.

Fingers crossed.

Meerkat
06-13-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm with you pal, you know that; we all are.
LewI know you are, Lou. You and Lindy are champs!

Meerkat
06-13-2006, 10:00 PM

Are they going to plumb a pump into you, so you can be absorbing chemo all the time?What I'm taking now is an oral chemotherapy.

The next step would be an IV chemotherapy called Doxyrubicin. 3 weeks, 1x week. A week off, and then repeat. Administred via a PIC line, or more likely in my case, a Port-A-Cath (chest IV), AKA a "port."

Nobody has yet mentioned a pump.

Ed Harrow
06-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Are they going to plumb a pump into you, so you can be absorbing chemo all the time?

I used to work for a company that made those things; pretty intreresting.

Best to you Dave. It's hard work, it's gonna be hard work, just plain hard work. (I hope you get the humor intended.)