PDA

View Full Version : Arrrg Can't take the rain anymore.

Joe (SoCal)
06-10-2006, 06:02 AM
Today is the first day without rain. I'm up early and I'm off to go down to Tidbit and sail her around to Garrison to help set moorings. Then if the weather and wind is nice who knows I might get a lil sailing in ;)

Been lousy weather for a while, I should really mow my lawn but I have not been sailing in about a week and as you all know I'm addicted so I need my fix.

See ya later, maybe I'll even have some photos to post :D

huisjen
06-10-2006, 07:28 AM
Garrison? Dutch!?

Mrleft8
06-10-2006, 07:54 AM
No rain? It's POURING here.....

ishmael
06-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Looking at the weather map, this moisture is coming in off the Atlantic and is staying pretty coastal. So the Hudson gets a break.

Man, it's been raining a lot! I'm starting to grow mold around my ears.

Joe (SoCal)
06-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Looking at the weather map, this moisture is coming in off the Atlantic and is staying pretty coastal. So the Hudson gets a break.

Man, it's been raining a lot! I'm starting to grow mold around my ears.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

**** SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY ****

64 F / 18 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 56%
Dew Point: 48 F / 9 C
Wind: 25 mph / 41 km/h from the WNW

Wind Gust: 36 mph / 57 km/h
Pressure: 29.60 in / 1002 hPa

WOW it was a wild ride out there today.
Set the mooring and then with the wind howling and a packed lunch I went out to test my mooring. Tied up ate lunch and watched the wind wreak havoc. Went and tested out the napping accommodations while on the hook. Got out the sleeping bag and mattress and a good book down in the cuddy. ZZZZZZZZZZZ took a nice little nap as the wind and waves whistled throughout he rigging. Packed up and motored home. Real skill required getting into the slip with wind and waves.

Back at home to get ready to go to a cocktail party here ;)

http://mccaffreyrealty.com/listings/BMC1001/main%20%20front%202.JPG

Stiletto
06-10-2006, 09:50 PM
I suppose its not a BYO do then!:D

John Bell
06-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Today: 92F, few scattered clouds, winds W 8-10. Water temperature 80 F. Yeah, we spent most of the day at the lake.Bwwwaaaaa Ha Hahaha!

Mrleft8
06-11-2006, 01:07 AM
Piss off baldy boy! One of these days I'm gonna race you around the Thimbles, and you'll wish you treated me better! :D

geeman
06-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Scattered storms this afternnoon here,well so much for sitting the boat in the water.maybe should concentrate on little things I forgot to put in the boat like,paddles,life jackets,plug,,,,,,,,

mmd
06-11-2006, 09:57 AM
"If you wait for good weather, you may wait for the rest of your life"

Go out. Get wet. Have fun.

Gotta go now - I'm off to go visit HR and take the dog for a walk on the seashore. In the fog. And the rain. So what? We'll have fun and there's warm, dry clothes at home.