PDA

View Full Version : Food and thunderbust

paladin
06-09-2006, 07:50 PM
It was nice and sunny today...sky clear....dawg happy looking for wabbitts......scrambled a couple of eggs with cheese on a hot tortilla with fresh homemade salsa....coffee and orange cranberry nut bread....
so....fer lunch I fired up the grill...tossed in a yardbird.....made oriental salad...iced tea.....fresh fruit....sat down to wait a half hour or so....
then the sky turns black as the inside of a t-rex tummy...lightning flashes about, thunderbust comes....luckily the bird was done...so dawg and I sat in living room feeding our faces with the world thunderbustin around us........:D

Phillip Allen
06-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Bon apatite!

ishmael
06-10-2006, 02:03 AM
Growing up on the western edges of Cleveland, the edge of the plains, we saw some tremendous thrashers. The pregnant air, hot humid, still, as the cold front rolled in from off the plains. Standing in the back yard, looking to the west as the cumulus built castles in the sky. Hot, sweating, waiting. Breaking in tremendous crashes, with great violence. Dielectric hone.

I loved it, was never afraid. Should have been, probably, because such weather bred tornadoes. I alway just watched, so lucky when the heat broke.