PDA

View Full Version : Tragedy

paladin
06-03-2006, 05:01 PM
One day, President Bush visited an elementary school. All the kids were so excited to get to meet the President. He began to talk to them and asked them to define the word ''tragedy.''
"Well," one girl replied, "If my mommy ran over my dog, Rover, that would be a tragedy!"
The President smiled at the little girl and said, "No, sweetie. That would be an accident! Can anyone give it a try?"
A little boy sitting across the room raised his hand and said, "I know! I know! If our bus driver ran off of a cliff and killed everyone!"
The President shook his head and said, "No son. That would be a great loss! Doesn't anyone know of a good example of a tragedy?"
A small girl raised her hand and said, "Well, Mr. President, if you and Laura were in Air Force One and it was hit by a missile and blown to smithereens, most people would think that that was a tragedy!"
"Very good," he said. "And what was your reason for that answer?"
"Well," she said, "It would not be an accident and it sure would not be a great loss!"

Meerkat
06-03-2006, 05:05 PM
:d :d :d

Fnord
06-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Lol

S/V Laura Ellen
06-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Young kids can be so insightful!:D :D

But the joke lacks reality, Dubya doesn't like going to elementary schools because the kids are smarter and wiser than he is (unless the schools are in Georgia).:D

Phillip Allen
06-03-2006, 05:10 PM
very funny

Katherine
06-03-2006, 05:12 PM
Crap, now I have that damned disco song stuck in my head.:mad: :D

S/V Laura Ellen
06-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Crap, now I have that damned disco song stuck in my head.:mad: :D

I guess I was lucky and ignored the whole disco era, no chance of a disco tune stuck in my head.:D

Katherine
06-03-2006, 05:17 PM
I wasn't even born during disco. I just have the ability to remember tunes after hearing them once. I can remember conversations verbatim for years if I want too.

S/V Laura Ellen
06-03-2006, 05:22 PM
... I can remember conversations verbatim for years if I want too.:eek:
Yikes, I better be real careful what I say in the future, I wonder what I've already said that could get me in hot water. Maybe I should get my legal council to review and approve my future posts. Maybe I should have got them to approve this post, Maybe I should just bribe you to pretend to forget every post I've made.:D :D :D

Katherine
06-03-2006, 05:26 PM
:eek:
Yikes, I better be real careful what I say in the future, I wonder what I've already said that could get me in hot water. Maybe I should get my legal council to review and approve my future posts. Maybe I should have got them to approve this post, Maybe I should just bribe you to pretend to forget every post I've made.:D :D :D.

I found this little trait to be both good and bad. Something may be said to me which I may not react to at the time, but I've merely filed the info away for later. I've found that most men don't react well to that but it's not intentional on my part usually.

Sorry for the thread drift Chuck.

S/V Laura Ellen
06-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Collective Soul and Everclear are playing at Bayfest (outdoor concert in Sarnia) on July 14. Tickets are only $15 CDN (thats only about 1.50 USD). You should come up. I think, I will try to convince SWMBO to go.

S/V Laura Ellen
06-03-2006, 05:30 PM
Bump .. sorry for the thread drift. Back to You Chuck.

One day, President Bush visited an elementary school. All the kids were so excited to get to meet the President. He began to talk to them and asked them to define the word ''tragedy.''
"Well," one girl replied, "If my mommy ran over my dog, Rover, that would be a tragedy!"
The President smiled at the little girl and said, "No, sweetie. That would be an accident! Can anyone give it a try?"
A little boy sitting across the room raised his hand and said, "I know! I know! If our bus driver ran off of a cliff and killed everyone!"
The President shook his head and said, "No son. That would be a great loss! Doesn't anyone know of a good example of a tragedy?"
A small girl raised her hand and said, "Well, Mr. President, if you and Laura were in Air Force One and it was hit by a missile and blown to smithereens, most people would think that that was a tragedy!"
"Very good," he said. "And what was your reason for that answer?"
"Well," she said, "It would not be an accident and it sure would not be a great loss!"

S/V Laura Ellen
06-03-2006, 05:36 PM
A country doctor is suturing a laceration on the hand of an old farmer.
Old man: "All you need to know about politics is that young George Bush is a post turtle."
Doctor: "Oh? What is a post turtle?"
Old man: "When yer driving down a country road, and ya come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top? That's a post turtle. Ya know he didn't get there by himself, he don't belong there, he cain't get anything done while he's up there, and you just want to help take the poor thang down."

Claudia
06-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Thread change again, sorry. OK Katherine you are making me feel old. I had the spandex pants and owned Donna Summer cassettes:(

Katherine
06-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Sorry Claudia.:D I feel the big 30 sneaking up on me somedays.

S/V Laura Ellen
06-03-2006, 07:25 PM
... I feel the big 30 sneaking up on me somedays.

She's still wet behind the ears!:D

Katherine
06-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Considering my boat is making extremely slow progress, I'll probably remain dry behind the ears for awhile.

S/V Laura Ellen
06-03-2006, 07:51 PM
My boat has a doctors appointment coming up soon. Probably some major surgery.

I found a firm in Wallaceburg that is willing to do some of the work.

Katherine
06-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Mine's mostly a time / distance / money issue.

S/V Laura Ellen
06-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Mine's mostly a time / distance / money issue.
Where is the boat at?

Katherine
06-03-2006, 08:02 PM
The parents.