X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Dupere
    Elder Statesman #1941
    • Jun 2000

Attaboys from SWMBO

This weekend I earned a couple of unexpected attaboys from SWMBO. I put in some raised beds for veggies and was going out to get some compost from a garden center to mix in with the loam. She asked me to pick up a new watering bucket as her plastic one had a cracked sprinkler head. I found her a nice metal bucket at our local hardware store. She was some tickled.

But best of all, I called a nursery about picking up some compost and they told me about an old dairy farm selling manure. I went to the farm to check it out, and got a pickup truck load (about a yard and a half) of nice composted manure for 20 bucks. She was so excited she asked me to please go get another load!! It is good stuff. I finished out the veggie beds and she's been spreading it all over her
    flower beds. She was like a kid in a candy store!! The kids thought it was funny how excited we were over a pile of cow poop!!

Ah, the simple things in life, water buckets and manure, who could ask for anything more!!

Joe
    Joe, FFPoP

(http://www.sunnywoodfarm-maine.com/)
  • geeman
    • May 2003

I must be doing something wrong,my wife doesnt get excited over crap at all LOL

Comment

• George Roberts
      Banned
      • Nov 1999

Composte and candy in the same story. I must be missing something.

My wife watered our plants this morning.

Comment

• Bill R
        Where's the KABOOM?!
        • Feb 2005

My SWMBO retuned the carburator on the John Deere over the weekend...
        Bill R

There was supposed to be an earth shattering KABOOM!

Comment

Working...