PDA

View Full Version : Trial Immigration

Meerkat
05-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Make all immigration a "guest worker" program. Once one has proven oneself to be a worthwhile contributor and participant in America, then let naturalization go forward.

Until then, it should be relatively easy to boot someone out of the country permanently. That way, when "dear cousin Vlad" turns out to be Russian Maffia, he can be "scotted" without a whole lot of legal mechanizations.

Mere arrival as a legal immigrant should not instantly confer the full protections and priviledges that a native or naturalized citizen enjoys.

(Still think I'm a liberal? ;) :D)

Rick Clark
05-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Sounds good to me Dave.

paladin
05-16-2006, 06:26 PM
ship em all to Liberia.....we bought it....

Phillip Allen
05-16-2006, 06:31 PM
I wonder if we are getting immigration confused with break-in
(the guys who come in by the window tonight are really just wanting to rent a room)

Victor
05-16-2006, 07:05 PM
How bout doing away with the provision that anyone born here is automatically a citizen? Ireland rescinded that law, I believe. Might slow down the busses from Tijuana to San Diego full of pregnant women.

Meerkat
05-16-2006, 07:11 PM
I prefer the British view that citizenship is an inalienable right.

Phillip Allen
05-16-2006, 07:37 PM
(the guys who come in by the window tonight are really just wanting to rent a room)

repeating...

Phillip Allen
05-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Phillip Allen
(the guys who come in by the window tonight are really just wanting to rent a room)...and now that they live here they have the right to stay