PDA

View Full Version : Find cheaper gas in your area

J. Dillon
04-18-2006, 11:18 AM
This is pretty nifty.
Just enter your zip code in the site below, and it tells you which gas stations have the cheapest prices (and the highest) on gasin your zip code area. It's updated every evening. Just click on the link. You will see a map of your area and then scroll down and you will get a listing of gas prices in your area with addresses and brands starting with the cheapest and going up.
http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx (http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx)

Ken Hutchins
04-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks neat. I always check gas price sites when planning trips especially across state lines, a little planning can save a lot of money when traveling, frequently just crossing a state line can make a huge difference. Also sometines it cheaper to buy gas at the turnpike stations instead of getting off the pike to get fuel.

Bruce Hooke
04-18-2006, 11:55 AM
That is pretty cool. It should maybe be noted that at least in the areas I know, they are listing maybe 1/4 of the gas stations in the area...

Norm Harris
04-18-2006, 09:07 PM
The missing group from the survey is the group of club stations. Costco in South San Francisco sold me regular gas today at $2.69 per gallon. That saving by itself is worth the membership fee.

Thorne
04-19-2006, 11:56 AM
The MSN link doesn't work with Firefox -- so I guess you gotta buy into the Microsloth Monoculture (tm) to use the tool -- poo!

Yeah, we buy all our gas at Costco in the East Bay - Richmond. The fact that it is next to the nation's largest off-the-leash dogpark is a bit of a bonus, too.

The other nice thing is no charge for using an ATM card, which can add quite a bit to the otherwise low fee at other stations.

Bruce Hooke
04-19-2006, 12:02 PM
The MSN link doesn't work with Firefox

It works fine in Firefox for me.

htom
04-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Worked ok in FireFox 1.5.0.2 on this box.

I use www.twincitiesgasprices.com ; looking closely, they are affiliated with gasbuddy.

Alan D. Hyde
04-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Norm's right.

My Costco gas yesterday was $2.62 per.

Lowest anywhere else was $2.72, and most were $2.79 to $2.89...

Alan