PDA

View Full Version : NE Ohio Marine Ply

win_wood
04-18-2006, 06:41 AM
Anyone know where I can find Marine plywood in Northeast Ohio?
I live East of Cleveland and it seems that it is ghetting harder and harder to find even fir plywood anywhere close by. I just have a really hard time paying the shipping costs on just a couple of sheets.

Ric Altfather
04-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Try:

clevelandplywood.com

They have fir plywood

Recently, a local group of boat builders here in Cleveland have been using Aquatek marine plywood, shipped from Florida through alliedveneer.com
In most cases, depending how much you want, they have been the same price if not lower on mahogany Vs fir plywood...shipped to your door or local terminal.

You can also try:

woodfinder.com

I recall a place in Pittsburgh that was a good source for plywood...too far from Cleveland but not bad from Madison.

Ric

Great_Lakes_Bill
04-18-2006, 10:11 AM
Have you tried contacting C.A.B.B.S. (Cleveland Amatuer Boat Building Society)? They always have a nice display of their clubs work at the boatshow in the IX Center. They appear to be pretty active.

Bill

Ric Altfather
04-18-2006, 06:16 PM
That is the boat club I refer to and I am a member of. One member is building a 15' day sailor and needed something like 21 sheets of ply. He saved about $800 ordering on line and shipping to Cleveland Vs buying it in Cleveland. The result was a good savings and mahogany Vs fir. We are always looking for good sources but unfortunitly, they are all out of state. The closest I have used is in Detroit...expensive and a 6 hour drive round trip.

Ric

kc8pql
04-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Try Homestead Hardwoods Vickery, Ohio. I think that's a little southwest of Sandusky.
http://www.marine-plywood.us/