PDA

View Full Version : An end to anonymity

Gresham CA
03-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Does anyone think this (http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2006/Bills/A1500/1327_I1.HTM) has legs?

I dont think it'll float.

edited for spelling

[ 03-07-2006, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Gresham CA ]

cedar savage
03-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Was Karen badly hurt in the attacks?

PatCox
03-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Nope, them durn activist liberal constitution-twisting prepetrators of judicial tyranny on the Supreme Court (amazing, that Brown backlash) have previously held that we, all of us americans, liberal and conservative alike, have a first amendment right to communicate anonymously.

Whats funny is I often here people asking the rhetorical question "who gave these judges the power blah blah blah," and you'd think maybe the name of the court would give them some kind of clue, its the "supreme" court.

Alan D. Hyde
03-07-2006, 02:23 PM
In addition, it places an unconstitutional burden on interstate commerce.

Alan

Gresham CA
03-07-2006, 02:37 PM
That's kinda what I was thinking Norman, but I dont see a commerce connection Alan.

If something like this does pass would it force forums such as our host's to require us to use our real names and how could they verify that?

George.
03-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by cedar savage:
Was Karen badly hurt in the attacks?Profile for cedar savage
Member Status: .
Member Number: 10621

Now wait a second. Unless I am mistaken, Karen quit the Forum, never to return, well before cedar savage joined.

A returning Scotted member? A troll name for an old-timer? Dutch's conservative alter ego? Inquiring minds want to know... :confused: :eek: :D

Keith Wilson
03-07-2006, 02:58 PM
I don't think it will stand. I believe the court has already ruled that Ebay isn't liable for the legality of things that are sold there. Ebay of course would stop anythng really obvious like cocaine auctions, but there are plenty of Chinese bootleg DVDs for sale.

Alan D. Hyde
03-07-2006, 02:58 PM
Read your constitution.

Article I

Section 8. The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;

What goes on over the internet is not simply communication; it is commerce.

Authors e-mail their manuscripts, employees telecommute, and, need I mention e-bay or www.abebooks.com (http://www.abebooks.com) ?

Those matters merely scratch the surface...

Alan

[ 03-07-2006, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Alan D. Hyde ]

Gresham CA
03-07-2006, 03:07 PM
SYNOPSIS

Makes certain operators of interactive computer services and Internet service providers liable to persons injured by false or defamatory messages posted on public forum websites.

OK Alan, such as when West Marine is refered to in a defamatory manner on this forum. Correct? WoodenBoat could be held liable.

edited to add: But that's the only connection to commerce I see.

[ 03-07-2006, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Gresham CA ]

George Roberts
03-07-2006, 03:14 PM
The operator is at risk only if he aids and abets.

"operator or provider that fails to establish, maintain and enforce the policy required"

Since this law regulates only intra-state commerce, it is constitutional.

I love it.

Dolly Varden
03-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by George.:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by cedar savage:

Now wait a second. Unless I am mistaken, Karen quit the Forum, never to return, well before cedar savage joined.

A returning Scotted member? A troll name for an old-timer? Dutch's conservative alter ego? Inquiring minds want to know... :confused: :eek: :D </font>[/QUOTE]i was wading through this thread and was going to bring this slip up up but the brazilian wonder boy did it before me

cedar has already been established as being none other than the mjc- you remember him dont ya?

web page (http://www.woodenboat-ubb.com/cgi-bin/UBB/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=024346&p=)

[ 03-07-2006, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Dolly Varden ]

uncas
03-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Dolly is calling the kettle black by suggesting that someone else is using an alias.
Now, THAT is really funny! The guy who has put out on this forum more aliases than everyone else combined. ROTFL.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I just couldn't let this go by.
When are you leaving for Argentina?

Gorgive me if no one else got a chuckle out of this.

I know I promised not to respond to Dutch but, really, no one could resist this. No one!!
And, if nothing else, it made my day. I needed a good laugh.

[ 03-07-2006, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: uncas ]

Meerkat
03-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by George Roberts:

Since this law regulates only intra-state commerce, it is constitutional.

I love it.The internet is not intrastate, therefore, you are incorrect.

Why be arcane about this? The 4th amendment guarantees the right of privacy.

Memphis Mike
03-07-2006, 07:18 PM

[ 03-08-2006, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: Memphis Mike ]

Dolly Varden
03-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Memphis Mike:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dolly Varden:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by George.:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by cedar savage:

A returning Scotted member? A troll name for an old-timer? Dutch's conservative alter ego? Inquiring minds want to know... :confused: :eek: :D </font>[/QUOTE]i was wading through this thread and was going to bring this slip up up but the brazilian wonder boy did it before me

cedar has already been established as being none other than the mjc- you remember him dont ya?

web page (http://www.woodenboat-ubb.com/cgi-bin/UBB/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=024346&p=)</font>[/QUOTE]And you're really Barry aren't you.</font>[/QUOTE]Memphis Mike
Member # 3517

posted 03-04-2006 05:59 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I posted that I want to get rid of my Windsprint and that folks could email me if they were interested. It's not the first time that has been done on this forum. Nor will it be the last

The little Sh!t immediately came in and said something derogatory in an effort to piss me off and you know what? He did and probably thinks it's funny. That's why I changed the title of the thread.

I'm through with him. No more. This forum would be a whole lot better if he would take his ass and git.

[ 03-04-2006, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Memphis Mike ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 11447 | From: Memphis Tn. Home Of The Blues | IP: Logged

uncas
Member # 9000

posted 03-04-2006 06:02 PM
I'm taking Joe's vow...He isn't worth it...in fact, he isn't worth anything....
Let him respond to his own rthreads...when no one else does...in his feeble attempt to get anyone's attention...
I must admit...I don't know many formites who post a thread...and have no one responding feel obligated to keep it on the playing field...
Bait...hook...bait...hook...hopefully.
Joe...ya hear that....?

[ 03-04-2006, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: uncas ]
Posts: 8761 | From: 200 Bay Street Berlin, MD. 21811 | IP: Logged

i liked it better when you were both ignoring me. thank god porky has only kinda gone back on his pledge smile.gif

[ 03-07-2006, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: Dolly Varden ]

Dolly Varden
03-07-2006, 08:03 PM
here ya go hillbilly- a real blast from the past. or should i call ya elmer jenkins? or puddintane? or river rat? or wild drongo? or?

couldnt give a linnk cause its cached. lucky you huh? theeres two more pages smile.gif

This is G o o g l e's cache of http://www.woodenboat-ubb.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=018585 as retrieved on Aug 14, 2005 16:31:41 GMT.
G o o g l e's cache is the snapshot that we took of the page as we crawled the web.
The page may have changed since that time. Click here for the current page without highlighting.
This cached page may reference images which are no longer available. Click here for the cached text only.
To link to or bookmark this page, use the following url: http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:d_xdhrbzQykJ:www.woodenboat-ubb.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php%3Fubb%3Dget_topic%3Bf%3D5%3B t%3D018585+mjc+dutch+barry+site:woodenboat-ubb.com/ubb/&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2

Google is neither affiliated with the authors of this page nor responsible for its content.
These search terms have been highlighted: mjc dutch barry

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

You are not logged in. Login or register The WoodenBoat Forum Misc. Non-Boat Related Elmer's List of Trolls (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1 2 3
Author Topic: Elmer's List of Trolls
Elmer Jenkins
unregistered

posted 09-28-2004 12:16 PM
Alteran {#1 troll}
KM Gresham
Bottompaint {Allen Foote}
Ironmule {Jeff}
Kev
Nightmoves {Stan}
Joe CSOH
Donn
Alan Hyde
High C
John Bell
Norm Messinger
Russell Sova
Mr. Know It All
Peter Malcolm Jardine

Last but not least, Chad

I reserve the right to add to this list as I see fit.

[ 09-28-2004, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Elmer Jenkins ]
IP: Logged

Shang
Member # 2329

posted 09-28-2004 12:22 PM
That you, Dutch?

MJC
Member # 6021

posted 09-28-2004 12:34 PM MJC" />
And, like, Member 8977's opinions are of interest to exactly how few people?

Trolls are people who re-register under bogus names, give bogus locations, DON'T give their email. Oh, like Elmer fudd'n Perkins.

Explain the flawed reasoning underlying your post, should you possess the capability to do so.

Failing that, don't go away mad, just GO AWAY!!

Unless, of course, you're really, Dutch, in which case:

A. time to get back on the meds, O.K. buddy?
B. you're a troll, but you're our troll, we love ya buddy.

[ 09-28-2004, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: MJC ]

km gresham
Member # 6609

posted 09-28-2004 12:38 PM
I see a pattern. Not a bad list to be on.

cs
Member # 2910

posted 09-28-2004 12:40 PM
What did I do to deserve be ranked as a troll?

Chad

John Bell
Member # 1400

posted 09-28-2004 12:43 PM
I could not have said it better:

quote:
Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson )
Member # 4659

posted 09-02-2004 07:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Omerta:

Stan you keep rolling you're eyes their gonna fall out of ya head

By the way Stan .... WHY? Why could you not take your time in the brig like a man? You and Conrad coming back as trolls is just so week - kinda Girlieman if ya ask me.

Posts: 3354 | From: N 34 07' 55.1" W 84 38' 13.0" | IP: Logged

Kev Smyth
Member # 8722

posted 09-28-2004 12:52 PM
Ya forgot PMJ and Meerkat- they's BAD!

bottompaint
Member # 8779

posted 09-28-2004 12:53 PM
I am NOT a trol for anyone.

Memphis Mike is Elmer. Memphis Mike WAS Puddintain.

Do your timeout like an adult MM.

Elmer Jenkins
unregistered

posted 09-28-2004 12:54 PM
List updated.

bottompaint
Member # 8779

posted 09-28-2004 12:59 PM
This isn't a list of "trolls"...this is a list of President Bush supporters.

Elmer is a liberal.

This is also a l;ist of those targeted to be removed from the forum because of thier conservative views.

Memphis Mike had admitted on previous threads of being part of the "liberal bloc" that emailed Scot demanding the removal of certain members.

Memphis Mike is Elmer.

[ 09-28-2004, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: bottompaint ]

Phillip Allen
Member # 5125

posted 09-28-2004 01:09 PM
I think you guys should have troll party (invite me please...I won't be no trouble...pleeeese)

John Bell
Member # 1400

posted 09-28-2004 01:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bottompaint:
I am NOT a trol for anyone.

Memphis Mike is Elmer. Memphis Mike WAS Puddintain.

Do your timeout like an adult MM.

In case you see Elmer on the street and want to say hello:

Posts: 3354 | From: N 34 07' 55.1" W 84 38' 13.0" | IP: Logged

km gresham
Member # 6609

posted 09-28-2004 01:15 PM
You, Chad, are a presumed GWB vote. Makes you a troll on this list. I don't think you should be too concerned - there seem to be a lot of nice people on the list. Now you can say you've been called a troll!

Dutch
Member # 5587

posted 09-28-2004 01:34 PM Dutch" />

quote:
Originally posted by Shang:
That you, Dutch?

call me Barry

cs
Member # 2910

posted 09-28-2004 01:49 PM
If Elmer is Mike, I'm doubly insulted. I consider him a friend and have always been gracious. If it is Mike and he is calling me troll because of my bikini post, he don't have a leg to stand on.

Chad

NormMessinger
Member # 1207

posted 09-28-2004 01:58 PM
I have the impression that neither of you are leg men.
Posts: 10013 | From: Omaha, Nebraska, USA, Terra , Sol, Milky Way.... | IP: Logged

Member # 4659

posted 09-28-2004 01:59 PM
Why me ?
I have never ever been any other name (Troll)
I remain as always Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson )

huisjen
Member # 3406

posted 09-28-2004 02:00 PM
Joe is on the list, so it's certainly not just a list of right wingers.
Chad is on the list, so it's certainly not an accurate list of trolls. Chad is one of the most civil people here.

Dan

cs
Member # 2910

posted 09-28-2004 02:06 PM
Dan thanks for the vote of confidence.

Norm, I like leggs also, they just don't have the same visual impact.

Chad

htom
Member # 919

posted 09-28-2004 02:22 PM
And I'm not on the list, so it's not a list of Bush supporters. Don't worry about it, Chad, it's a list of folk he wants to squabble with.

Russell Sova
Member # 7150

posted 09-28-2004 02:23 PM
What about me? What about me? Huh? Huh? Huh? Please let me be a troll.

Bruce Hooke
Member # 1507

posted 09-28-2004 02:25 PM
This is one of the strangest lists of trolls I've seen around here! As Dan said, Chad is always very civil and far, far away from being a troll. Joe can get feisty and stir up trouble but he never hides who he is. Alan Hyde often bugs the heck out of me but that's just because he's so damn good at debating and I'm often on the other side of the political fence from him!

Come to think of it, posting this list of "trolls" was much more "troll-like" than anything a bunch of the people on this list do.

km gresham
Member # 6609

posted 09-28-2004 02:28 PM
Russell wants on the list!

I'll agree, Chad is THE nicest person on this forum. He's far too nice to have to put up with some of the rest of us. He certainly is NO troll. I kinda like getting on the "bad" list every now and then. I don't agree that I'm a troll, but its fun to be on the list

[ 09-28-2004, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: km gresham ]

NormMessinger
Member # 1207

posted 09-28-2004 02:34 PM
So, Chad. What did that endorsement cost you?
Posts: 10013 | From: Omaha, Nebraska, USA, Terra , Sol, Milky Way.... | IP: Logged

Member # 4659

posted 09-28-2004 02:41 PM
Karen I disagree, what else is new
I think Margo is the nicest

Keith Wilson
Member # 749

posted 09-28-2004 03:29 PM
I can't resist; gotta put my oar in:

Donn - Not really, although he's been getting pretty trollish lately in his knee-jerk responses to Joe CSOH

KM Gresham - Huh? A Troll? She's highly political and conservative, but in no way a troll. Not nasty enough.

Bottompaint {Allen Foote} - Most of the time, except he sometimes posts good stuff upstairs.

Ironmule {Jeff}. This one mystifies me completely. How did Jeff get on the list?

Kev (Conrad) Yep, about 70% of the time.

Nightmoves {Stan} (Omerta) Pure troll. Lowers trolldom to new depths.

Joe CSOH - Sometimes, particularly when he starts insulting Karen. His intentions are sometimes good, but he's a New Yorker, whaddaya expect? He does have a wooden boat and a good sense of humor about himself, which helps a lot.

Alteran - He's gotten pretty testy lately. He's not at all a bad guy when not talking politics, though.

Alan Hyde - Only when he's foaming at the mouth about Kerry or Hillary Clinton; otherwise he's very civil and usually interesting.

High C - A troll? Hell no. He's just a tenor

Last but not least, Chad Hardly.

And we must not forget Brad9798, ljb5 sometimes when he's in a bad mood, Meerkat likewise, and Oyster (MIke), although he lets his better nature show sometimes. And besides, he builds really nice wooden boats, so we can forgive him a lot.

And I suppose there ought to be a word for SamF and my theological arguments (with lots of help from George and Russell Osborne) - Holy Trolls?

[ 09-28-2004, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Keith Wilson ]

LeeG
Member # 5178

posted 09-28-2004 03:37 PM
dang,,and I come in as chopped liver.

brad9798
Member # 1807

posted 09-28-2004 03:37 PM
Me, a troll?

I never, well rarely, even start any threads ... I just argue with ljb5 and Memphis a lot ...

Hardly any trolling going on from me. Argumentative? Yes. Obnoxious? Sometimes.

Troll? Nah.

Brad

Elmer Jenkins
unregistered

posted 09-28-2004 04:34 PM
List updated.

Mr. Know It All
Member # 7354

posted 09-28-2004 05:15 PM
Elmer is the best troll in the bunch because he "caught" you all.

Bruce Hooke
Member # 1507

posted 09-28-2004 05:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Know It All:
Elmer is the best troll in the bunch because he "caught" you all.

I fear that you are most correct in this statement!

Elmer Jenkins
unregistered

posted 09-28-2004 05:53 PM
List updated.

Kev Smyth
Member # 8722

posted 09-28-2004 05:55 PM
Alright- according to the "keith-o-meter" it looks like I win. Given Keith's most self righteous manner, I consider it a high compliment.

Even if I disagree with the premise.

Does Keith even own a boat? A wooden one bigger than a kayak-yak?

[ 09-28-2004, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Kev Smyth ]

alteran
Member # 7510

posted 09-28-2004 05:59 PM
So what does {certainly not last} mean behind my name, MMike? Not the last to suggest you are .....

Elmer Jenkins
unregistered

posted 09-28-2004 06:05 PM
List edited for your benefit Al.

NormMessinger
Member # 1207

posted 09-28-2004 06:23 PM
Hey, Karen. The list has been edited. I see you are now in pretty good company.

Keith Wilson
Member # 749

posted 09-28-2004 06:23 PM
Kev, you'll have to get up awfully early to beat Stan. Please, please don't try. And geez- self-righteous? Me? When I just labeled myself a "holy troll"?

And FWIW, I actually have four (God help me) wooden boats, three of which I built myself. Actually, to be completely honest, the June Bug I'm building with my son isn't quite finished, and the Townie is all apart for major repairs, so maybe 3-1/2 boats?

[ 09-28-2004, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Keith Wilson ]

Kev Smyth
Member # 8722

posted 09-28-2004 06:58 PM
Actually, Stan and I are identical twins. Except I'm taller.

And lets be honest- MM's list isn't really about trolls, but people he disagrees with. A list of true trolls would have to start with...

LJB5

There. that'll get him all excited!

Phillip Allen
Member # 5125

posted 09-28-2004 07:03 PM
Isn't Elmer the guy who said folks making more money than he approves of should have their property taken away and given to (his version) the poor...very revealing. (it was a popular sentiment in Europe in the 30's)

buhmkin
Member # 2631

posted 09-28-2004 07:24 PM
Hey Conrad, since you're down here, 'splain something for me:

"The trend has been away from transverse framing toward longitudinal framing for some time now, with interior structure and a few well placed bulkheads or ring frames where needed."

I see what you've written, and I recognize the words, but put together like that, they just don't make sense.

How the blazes do you hang carvel planking on longitudinal stringers? Did you read the post?

I dunno, I just, I dunno. Trolling's one thing, wooden boats, that's something else entirely. . .

Elmer Jenkins
unregistered

posted 09-28-2004 07:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kev Smyth:
Actually, Stan and I are identical twins. Except I'm taller.

And lets be honest- MM's list isn't really about trolls, but people he disagrees with. A list of true trolls would have to start with...

LJB5

There. that'll get him all excited!

LJB5 is the only one besides me that isn't a troll.

Member # 4659

posted 09-28-2004 07:36 PM
He hate me

Kev Smyth
Member # 8722

posted 09-28-2004 08:16 PM
buhmkin- ya have to think as well as read. I assume you have a basic knowledge of engineering and wooden boat construction. I musta assumed too much.

It seems really stupid to me to go through all the work to build what is essentially a traditional carvel planked boat just to cover it with a couple more layers of veneer and some glass. But if our friend up in building and repair likes that approach, so be it.

I suggested it was a lot of work, and assumed that he, and you, would recognize I was referring to and suggesting strip planking as an alternative, since I don't know how one would edge nail carvel planks. Perhaps you do? If one likes "hybrid" or composite construction, a strip base with glass or veneer overlays and a minimum of transverse framing is the only way to go. Unless you just like an overly complex, heavy, labor-intensive boat that is more expensive to build and slower on the water.

I'd show you the math, but it's probably over your head. And if you find my reply too "aggressive," please remember that you are the one who attacked my ideas and suggestions top-side. I didn't bother to post a reply, but suggest you go topside and rethink your response.

Down here in the bilge, it's open season, especially for us trolls. But go ahead, take me on, give me your theories on strength, efficiency, and cost. Keep your calculator ready. You'll lose, big time, but I'm up for a good blasting right now, so try your luck. Or shut up. "Ya folla?"

Now, back to our rudely interrupted thread on trolls...

[ 09-29-2004, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Kev Smyth ]

Elmer Jenkins
unregistered

posted 09-28-2004 08:22 PM
HEY TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE! This is my troll thread. I don't want no boat related talk in here or I'll ban ya!

[ 09-28-2004, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Elmer Jenkins ]

Nightmoves
Member # 8961

posted 09-28-2004 08:22 PM

That's my twin!

Obviously I refer to my good looking, handsome and witty sibling, Kev.

Not that goober that thinks he has a sense of humor. Mind if I use your word again Teetsel?

REMARKABLE

[ 09-28-2004, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Nightmoves ]

km gresham
Member # 6609

posted 09-28-2004 08:24 PM
Russell, you made the list! Hey, there, Norm.

Kev Smyth
Member # 8722

posted 09-28-2004 08:24 PM
I agree, it was a very rude interruption!

So, ljb5 is Puddintain's cousin? Or is that cousin/brother?

Nightmoves
Member # 8961

posted 09-28-2004 08:26 PM
Sisters?

Elmer Jenkins
unregistered

posted 09-28-2004 08:26 PM
Now Stanky, you and Kevin shouldn't insult me like that. I feel a certain kinship with yall these days.

[ 09-28-2004, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Elmer Jenkins ]

buhmkin
Member # 2631

posted 09-28-2004 08:28 PM
It seems really stupid to me

I'm sure you say that a lot.

I'm up for a good blasting right now

What you are, Conrad, is clearly blasted right now.

George Roberts
03-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Meerkat ---

Interstate-highway traffic is governed by state laws.

Newspapers are interstate yet they are subject state law to claims of publishing libel.

In any case the courts don't hear our debate. They hear the arguments of 2 lawyers.