PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden helped Bush

George.
02-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Bush: Bin Laden helped me, book says (http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/28/bush.binladen.reut/index.html)

"What does it mean? Is it going to help? Is it going to hurt?" Bush told Sammon of the bin Laden tapes.

"Anything that drops in at the end of a campaign that is not already decided creates all kinds of anxieties, because you're not sure of the effect.

"I thought it was going to help," Bush said.

"I thought it would help remind people that if bin Laden doesn't want Bush to be the president, something must be right with Bush."

Of course, every thinking person knew that the moment the tape came out. Bin Laden is a thinking person. He knew his tape, released at that time, would help Bush.

The question then becomes: why did bin Laden want to help make sure Bush was re-elected?

Again, every thinking person knows... ;)

George.
02-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Bin Laden wants to goad the US into shooting itself in the foot.

He just might have figured out that a New England preppy cowboy-wannabee with ADD and an, ahem, limited intellect might be ideal for the job. ;)

John of Phoenix
02-28-2006, 03:58 PM
The question then becomes: why did bin Laden want to help make sure Bush was re-elected?
He owed him a favor. Look at all Dubya did to help bin Laden.

Wild Wassa
02-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Tom M:
"I am certainly no George Bush supporter, but I think you are waaay off base on this one."

I don't think George is at all. George picked it in one.

Bin Laden knows his enemy ... George W Bush doesn't have a freaking clue.

Of course Bin Laden wants George W Bush because he gets 'Dumsfeld' as well ... in the semi-pro-package.
Donald Dumsfeld is the man who only commits a limited number of US troops to a campaign and only the number required ... to lose.

Warren.

[ 02-28-2006, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: Wild Wassa ]

LeeG
02-28-2006, 03:59 PM
If you can't shoot yourself in the foot there's always a friend.

Wild Wassa
02-28-2006, 04:06 PM
Lee G, your post on Australia's oil for food scandal (from about 8 weeks ago) ... has really hit the fan here. The Fascists knew that they were paying bribes to Saddam. Downer admitted it in Parliament yesterday.

Well spotted Sir.

Warren.

LeeG
02-28-2006, 04:24 PM
isn't the internet amazing?

"Our armies do not come into your cities and lands as conquerors or enemies, but as liberators.
Your city and your lands have been subject to the tyranny of strangers, your palaces have fallen into ruins, your gardens have sunk in desolation, and your forefathers and yourselves have groaned in bondage. Your sons have been carried off to wars not of your seeking, your wealth has been stripped from by unjust men and squandered in distant places.

It is our wish that you should prosper even as in the past, when your lands were fertile, when your ancestors gave to the world literature, science, and art, and when Baghdad was one of the wonders of the world."

--Lieutenant General Sir Stanley Maude, The Proclamation of Baghdad; March 19, 1917, three years before Britain began gassing Iraqi civillians.

The government of Iraq, and the future of your country, will soon belong to you. ... We will end a brutal regime ... so that Iraqis can live in security. We will respect your great religious traditions, whose principles of equality and compassion are essential to Iraq's future. We will help you build a peaceful and representative government that protects the rights of all citizens. And then our military forces will leave. Iraq will go forward as a unified, independent, and sovereign nation that has regained a respected place in the world. You are a good and gifted people -- the heirs of a great civilization that contributes to all humanity.

--President George W. Bush, Address to the People of Iraq, April 4, 2003.