PDA

View Full Version : Who can eat lunch at thier desk the loudest?

brian.cunningham
03-21-2006, 11:30 AM
It seems to be a contest here at work. :rolleyes:

"No, I'm a good employee. I eat my lunch at my desk. I'm just going to annoy everyone else in the process"

Katherine
03-21-2006, 11:38 AM
We're pretty quiet here unless someone's found a good video to watch. The boss is getting us a huge plama screen monitor. It's supposed to be for presentations, but the guys are already lining up the video games. tongue.gif

[ 03-21-2006, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Katherine ]

TomF
03-21-2006, 12:00 PM
all depends on whether Popeye's posted a good one-liner or not.

Garrett Lowell
03-21-2006, 12:51 PM
It's a bad employee that won't take a break. I refuse to eat at my desk (don't feed the keyboard!), no matter how slammed I get. It's not difficult to take 10 minutes to eat outside or even in the breakroom if the weather doesn't cooperate.

martin schulz
03-21-2006, 01:07 PM
I banned food, drinks and cigarettes to our kitchen or conference room.

No matter how careful employees are, this place and the Macs are not their property but mine and they will spill stuff, drop ash or crumble on the desk or worse on the keyboard :( .

I rather have them take a break as often as they want, because they will then concentrate much better.

Rancocas
03-21-2006, 01:33 PM
I've been retired for several years now, but I still well remember my boss's secretary.
That old woman would eat her lunch at her desk, smacking her lips and licking her fingers. However, it was after her meal when the real fun began.
She would clean up her desk, throwing away the lunch wrappers, then she would settle back in her chair, belch loudly, and follow that with a long, ripping fart.
It was all part of her daily routine. She never failed us.

George Roberts
03-21-2006, 01:36 PM
I always found that break and lunch times were times to talk about work problems with a group.

I have also found that one needs a break from work from time to time. A bit of food and drink provide that.

I am at "lunch" now. A baqgel. A can of diet pop. A bit of typing. (Thinking about my resaw schedule.) I just came back from picking up papers from my wife who is at a lunch meeting. I need to change my clothes and resaw some wood before I am needed to run another errand.

My wife eats her supper salad at her computer each evening about 6pm after I come in from my shop. She works until 10pm. She has chocolate and nuts and other items in her office to much on as she thinks.

Keyboards cost under $20. Easy to replace. Labor is about $100/hr. Difficult to make up time.