PDA

View Full Version : Well...what happened?

Phillip Allen
01-28-2006, 12:55 PM
I live on borrowed time here (time limits for use of computers) so tend to scan pretty ruthlessly these days...

Misc non-boat is apparently gone and I worry about all the things everyone else is concerned about.

The first thing that came into my head upon seen the "bilge" is that those who wanted to have the non-boat removed from the forum had won and the real world had lost.

Let me explain my logic if I may:
Someone wants offending posts in the bilge stopped so he can’t read them. Others tell him to simply not read them. He believes that there exists offence whether he sees the post or not and therefore asks Scott to end the possibility of posting in the misc-non-boat section. It appears that the removal of misc-non-boat has actually happened thereby ending the offence felt by “someone”. Now he won’t read the offending posts and be thereby offended. Additionally, he has the satisfaction of knowing I can’t be offended by the posts thus ended and he may now sleep knowing offensive posters have been muzzled and the occasional passers-through won’t be offended and then (as a result) pass through. He has now (in his vast intellect) halted passers-through from being offended and at the same stroke prevented them from passing-through…GOTCHA! It follows now, that recently captured former passers-through will enhance the forum by talking about boat related things whether they want to or not and will as a result add to the treasure of boat related posts. This will add such a huge amount of boat-related treasure that a new place will have to be created to horde the afore mentioned treasure. Perhaps a hole can be created for this purpose. “Someone” will volunteer to help create the desired hole. Where to put the treasure hole? “Someone” will in his vast enlightenment and intellectual ether-world show us the way by digging the hole and by this mechanic become a notable tool of intellectual advancement…a post-hole digger (and the sharpest tool in his shed)

Katherine
01-28-2006, 01:00 PM
Software malfunction. How ya feeling?

Phillip Allen
01-28-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm sick of being sick actually...(about to start the fourth week) I am, however, gradually improving...I have been able to cough so offendingly that mothers hustle their little ones out of my presents while covering their little angelic faces against my contagion...

Katherine
01-28-2006, 01:06 PM
That does not sound at all good. When's the last time you went to the Doctor?

Phillip Allen
01-28-2006, 01:14 PM
I was in the emergency room with this once...two weeks ago...major anti-biotics...

Katherine
01-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Time to go back?

Hwyl
01-28-2006, 01:40 PM
I agree with Katherine.

Meerkat
01-28-2006, 01:52 PM
Yeah, me too. Go back.

Phillip Allen
01-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Today is the first day in just over three weeks that I made it through without a cough drop...a few minor fits is all

Donn
01-30-2006, 06:26 PM
A few minor fits should pass without notice, in Florida.

Hwyl
01-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Glad you are feeling better. I took my own advice and went to the doctor. Now I feel like Donn did when he went to the Fillmore.

More specifically i guess like a baseball player. I'm dosing up on steroids yukk

Phillip Allen
01-30-2006, 06:54 PM
?