PDA

View Full Version : Even Jessica Simpson Has Principles...

Nicholas Carey
03-16-2006, 05:29 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/03/15/simpson.bush.reut/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Concerned about politicizing her favorite charity, singer-actress Jessica Simpson Wednesday turned down a invitation to meet with President Bush, a snub that left Republicans dismayed.

jack grebe
03-16-2006, 05:39 PM
not a good career move to jump on a sinking ship

Concordia..41
03-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Geeze - how bad would it be to be turned down by Jessica Simpson :rolleyes:

Meerkat
03-16-2006, 06:20 PM
If you're president of the US, not good.

John Gearing
03-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Jessica's funny. On her reality show she ran around saying "Oh, gah!" and "My gah, that's really ..." because she didn't want to say "God". On the other hand, she apparently thinks nothing of slinking around in duds that prominently display her "assets". Go figger.

joejapan
03-17-2006, 12:09 AM
Well, I don't think we could consider her a massive intellect anyway, but, it gives me reason to wonder if she has learned any protocol, or, is smart enough to understand the full ramifications, whatever they may be, of her actions. If she were making trying to make a political statement, she should have said that.

I mean, no matter how much of a dumb@ss the office holder might be, she should probably, at the least, show some respect for the Office of the Presidency itself !

John B
03-17-2006, 02:08 AM
Why would anyone. Republicans or no, be concerned about what that facile twerp thinks.

LeeG
03-17-2006, 07:05 AM
because a pretty Texan would look good in a Republican fundraiser,,it's symbolic. Pliant and mindless fertility juxtaposed with powerful old men.
It's not what she thinks that matters,,like GW,,it's what she/he does.
"look, she's does what she says and says what she does"..
"he's a doer, not a thinker"

The media knows the customer needs easily digestible bytes, no matter the content.

They hate us because we're free.