PDA

View Full Version : A second chance

cs
01-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Upon seeing the destruction of misc non-boat, my first thoughts went toward "The Perfect Design" and deep fear that it too was lost, but thankfully it is still there.

While several good threads have been lost and who knows if they will be recovered, we need to take this as a second chance. We kinda blew it with our first chance at a non-boat releated place. Lets see if we can make this one work.

Chad

ishmael
01-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Funny, when I first saw what had happened my immediate reaction was, hm, this is just like the artist who one night takes a look at five years of work, decides it's worthless, and puts the fire to it. Except it sounds like it was an electronic gremlin that set the fire in this case.

The image made me laugh. Then I read Shane raving, and realized there was a lot of work, by many people, some of it very good, and the loss hit me. But I still laughed.

As the old taoist sages used to say, it's difficult to know when something, anything, happens whether it's a good thing or a bad thing. So, assuming all that stuff, good stuff and blather alike, is gone, press on my brothers and sisters. As Chad said, let's try to do better!

Peter Malcolm Jardine
01-27-2006, 09:28 PM
I liked the old place. :confused: ;)

Phil Heffernan
01-28-2006, 12:12 AM
'd been seriously thinking about not visiting the old place anymore. Ya, but I notice you didn't follow up...

I've posted elsewhere on this subject, so I'll try not to be redundant:

The Misc. NBR section of the WBF is a classic, and should not be messed with...Take your 'hiatus' as you will, but the lure to return is irresistible...Why? Because smart people debating is too much fun...

Phil H

Peter Malcolm Jardine
01-28-2006, 12:17 AM
Hey Phil!!!

Speaking of smart people, when is Joe allowed back.

I've been trying to clean up round here.. spent most of my time helping the Reverend over in the Bikini thread...

High C
01-28-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Phil Heffernan:
....the lure to return is irresistible...Why? Because smart people debating is too much fun...
But alas, there are turds in the punchbowl.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
01-28-2006, 12:22 AM
One of the biggest ones I know of is just above me. ;)

[ 01-28-2006, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: Peter Malcolm Jardine ]

Phil Heffernan
01-28-2006, 12:32 AM
But alas, there are turds in the punchbowl.
I don't see it that way...absolutely NONE of the posts here do I object to...some are silly or mean spirited, and those I ignore...

The rest...Now THAT'S entertainment ;)

Phil H

High C
01-28-2006, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Phil Heffernan:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> But alas, there are turds in the punchbowl.
...some are silly or mean spirited, and those I ignore...</font>[/QUOTE]You make a good point, Phil. The turds are easy enough to ignore.

brian.cunningham
01-28-2006, 02:52 AM
OK what did I miss?

cs
01-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Phil I gotta disagree with you about the bilge. I think the bilge does need to be cleaned up and that some folks need to grow up. I get sick and tired of folks arguing and calling each other names. I'm also starting to get tired of the borderline sexual talk that goes on.

Maybe I prefer a world where folks get along.

Chad

R.I.Singer30
01-28-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by brian.cunningham:
OK what did I miss?" :confused: " my first thoughts too.Did the misc.nbr hard drive get too large and then need to be deleted or stored (hopefully),(we would like access).Or is it just to let legitimate seekers of wooden boat info know that this place is not to be taken too seriously. ? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

LeeG
01-28-2006, 09:10 AM
Happy New Year!,,,yeah,,the Katherine/gang flirtation does border on creepy,,cute, but creepy.

uncas
01-28-2006, 09:11 AM
Chad...sometimes I agree with you...but you have a melting pot here...Some people...and I'm one...have no feelings about football one way or the other....You post football stats every Monday...That's fine...even though I could not give a hoot, there are people out there that do...Hence, I have no trouble with it.
You post about your job a lot....that's okay too...but there maybe people out there who say to themselves..." there goes Chad again about his job"
So be it...there are folks that enjoy reading them. And then there are those that don't
I rarely go to the bikini thread because I am not that interested in looking at plastic models...well silicone...so I skip it.
Luckily...we are all different.
Not everything we post is going to please everyone...
I hate the political basing...I'm learning to skip them....
Life goes on.

cs
01-28-2006, 09:17 AM
Yeah, this place is a melting pot and you know while I don't patcurally like political post I can live with it. Most of my football post (I love football) are more of a defensive type post trying to bring some order to this chaotic world.

My biggest beef is not about the topics posted, but rather about the attitudes posted.

Chad

Antonio Majer
01-28-2006, 09:43 AM
I fully agree with Chad about "a second chance".

Just out of curiosity, I only just wrote "a second change" instead of “chance”: it is somewhat Freudian, isn't it? (I mean, I have written few messages, full of every type of errors, I needed to edit and change something every time).

Well, just out of curiosity, I state now that :

I - in possession of all my mental faculties, if any – shall never join a discussion about:
Bush
Bush and Berlusconi
Bush, Berlusconi and Blair
death penalty
death penalty and Christ
Arnold Schwarzenegger

sign: X

[ 01-29-2006, 03:04 AM: Message edited by: Antonio Majer ]