PDA

View Full Version : Boat delivery

Phillip Allen
04-03-2006, 10:24 PM
I wanted to hear feedback from those who might think they know about sailing from Lauderdale through Panama Canal to (somewhere in) Australia.
Since the thing may not take place for me I wanted to get a little mileage from at least talking about it.
Info as of this writing: 38 foot Catamaran with three (if I go) crew. At least one is very experienced with over 60,000miles on previous deliveries.

Wild Dingo
04-04-2006, 06:29 AM
My dream trip... goin the other way of course! ;)

But then Id go differently too... sorta from here in west aussie around the top to Queensland to the islands then island hop to Easter island up the coast of south america and up to you blokes then of course way up to the frozen wastes... sigh

Otherwise head straight out to sea from here across the indian ocean to where ever the bloody hell I end up!! Scheyshells whatever I wouldnt really care a hell of a lot... the dream mate the dream!!! :cool:

Phillip Allen
04-04-2006, 01:01 PM
It's just a delivery and we'll have to get it there looking brand-new. Bring a seperate (probably alcohol) stove so as not to use the new one already installed. (I hope we get to use the head...don't think I can wait that long)

Hwyl
04-04-2006, 06:27 PM
What about your seasickness? If you can deal with that, it sounds great. Take a project with you. I'm glad some new pages have opened.

How's that fox running down the path in front of the horse now?

Phillip Allen
04-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Gosh...how long ago did I tell THAT story? (It's those little details which make life interesting)