PDA

View Full Version : TA DA!!!! My Wooden Boat....

NormMessinger
03-17-2003, 11:51 AM
...is back.

gary porter
03-17-2003, 01:10 PM
Now what are you going to do Norm????
You going to make Port Townsend this year??
Gary :D

NormMessinger
03-17-2003, 04:29 PM
Um, I was refering to "My Wooden Boat" as in: http://media18.hypernet.com/mywb/scripts/show.asp .

Saddly it is not looking good for Port Townsend this year. Phyllis has been informed that she cannot have that time off and we really can't afford for her to retire at this time.

I took only three or four days for the ice to clear off the lakes here (below freezing to record high temps in three days) but the water level is so low we'll probably have to pull some distance to get much sailing in with Prairie Islander.

Wild Wassa
03-17-2003, 04:57 PM
Thank you Norm for the 'heads up'. I think that I should find a shot of my wild girl. It has been a bit amiss of me not showing here off. I might show off her stripped cockpit.

She's off the water until September this year, ... while I make a few measurement changes. She runs better with an International Moth rudder, instead of her normal Seafly (as one improvement). Don't tell anyone, incase they send a measurer over to look at her.

I'm currently planning a season of wooden boat races for her, where I can claim the 'old age rebate', she is nearly 50. I carry too much handicap to compete against the local kids. In Australia we handicap the boats and handicap their skippers until boats are forced off the water. No fun. I carry one less yardstick point on my old Seafly, than if I was sailing a brand new composite Olympic Star Class. ...for those that know.

I'll spend a bit of time in Sydney this year, racing in wooden boat events only, hopefully at and with the Balmain Sailing club. They run a lot of wooden dinghy races on the Harbour.

Warren.

ps, I'm going to be in the committee boat for the next two races, payback time, :rolleyes: .

[ 03-17-2003, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Wild Wassa ]

gary porter
03-17-2003, 07:03 PM
Ok Norm, I got it now. I guess I didn't know it was gone. Anyway thanks and sorry
you might not make PT again.
Take care...
Gary