PDA

View Full Version : Dave 'Doc" Fleming..can you heal this..?

Norske3
11-09-2002, 07:10 PM
Tales of "Boat Builder Apprentice"

www.pipeline.com/~djf3rd (http://www.pipeline.com/~djf3rd)

.....no worky :(

Dave Fleming
11-09-2002, 07:57 PM
Where oh where did you get that URL? It has been....changed for about 6 months.

web page (http://pages.sbcglobal.net/djf3rd/)

[ 11-10-2002, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Dave Fleming ]

Norske3
11-10-2002, 07:18 AM
"I Say!..Spot On this"...PLENTY to absorb here...Where did I find it?...Well, late night roaming about, deep down in the sub-basement of the WBF Achives reading some "hydro-cliff-hics" on the damp moldy walls
with my Search flashlite the word "pipeline"...and Tales (that sounded very old)of "A boat Builder Apprentice" (apprentice...a very old word no longer used..hey? smile.gif ..wasn't sure what it meant..looked it up in the dictionary...and..ummm..what was I going to say here...oh ya...all these wall scratchings PEEKED my curiousity/interest in the meaning of it all...good thing you signed your name...I recognized it immediately....and so sent off my litte request "poste haste"...and to my delight got a prompt reply.
So now, I find myself reading/looking/enjoying..
THANKS DAVE!. smile.gif ..."DOC'...Mr. FLEMING ...MASTER SHIP/BOATWRIGHT ....retired

[ 11-10-2002, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: Norske3 ]

Dave Fleming
11-10-2002, 11:12 AM
Once AGAIN, I am NO Master, just a retired shipwright.

Meerkat
11-10-2002, 05:12 PM
We'll know who to call when we have a shipwrong then ;)

Norske3
11-10-2002, 06:08 PM
OOPS...sorry Mr. Fleming redface.gif , either I forgot you said that back in time or I missed it...

Dave Fleming
11-10-2002, 07:42 PM
Norske, as a compliment I graciously accept your comments.
As a true statement of fact I must correct you.
I have NEVER in my working life as a Shipwright/Boatbuilder/Joiner/Loftsman known one Master Shipwright, tho to my eye there were several that would have qualified as such.

Reminds me of Nahmy of New Yankee Workshop. :D

Poor fellow in the credits is called Master Carpenter. From what I recall that was ***bestowed***on him bye the shows producer.
He is a good mechanic, though the program yesterday provided SWIMPAL and I with some good chuckles over his techniques and methods but, that is probably more the whim of the producer than from his personal methods of work.

End of Discussion, ya get my drift?