PDA

View Full Version : Capri 14

THX712517
10-03-2004, 12:53 PM
Anyone here sail a Capri 14? I'm going to rent one for next Sunday for the day. I can't wait any longer to get a living tiller in my hands and feel the press of the wind against the sails.

Capri 14 information (http://www.boatshow.com/Capri14.html)

That's as much as I could find out about it at the moment, just reinforces what the rental guy told me. He said they had a keel, sloop-rigged, roller furling headsail, and kind of old but fun. I've got to pass a 20 question quiz (never got my certificate) and then it's all set for a day of sailing. So yeah, what can I expect?

phiil
10-03-2004, 03:50 PM
I rented a Capri 14 just a month ago. I was on the West Coast for business, and figgered it was a chance to sail in the Pacific.

Fun little boat, quick and lively. I had to, um, adjust the jib rigging a bit, by splicing a piece of sail tie under the foot, so I could see forward to leeward. I also found I could not let go of the tiller for even a millisecond, something I'm not used to with my Sea Pearl...Have fun! :D

True Love
10-03-2004, 05:33 PM
I sailed one once up in Door County (Lake Superior) Wisconsin -- fun stuff, but be prepared to fix any rigging anomalies. No big deal. You'll enjoy it.

THX712517
10-04-2004, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the info, it sounds like it should be a fun diversion for the day.