PDA

View Full Version : The Nao Victoria in Victoria Harbour.

Jerry Sousa
10-23-2005, 11:31 AM
The Spanish nao "Victoria", a replica of the first ship to circumnavigate the globe 1519-1522,under the command of Juan Sebastian El Cano . She'll be here in a few hours time.

http://www.naovictoria.com/en/html/02programa/0215_Nao.jsp

Hughman
10-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Don't forget your camera! smile.gif

Jerry Sousa
10-27-2005, 09:50 AM
This boat is proving to be quite an attraction with tourists and locals alike, and certainly giving the nearby Star Ferries a run for their money. I pitched up today, expecting to saunter aboard, but the bookings were full. I have to queue, early tommorrow morning, to apply for a pass!

It will be worth it though. Apart from sails and flags, the boat is black, from head to toe. Black hull, black deck, black masts, yard arms and the anchor too. Got some shots off of the bow, from the dock, with Hong Kong island in the background. In black & white, naturally. Fuji Neopan 400.

Why are'nt there hundreds of wooden ships, like this, sailing 'round the world, every day?

George.
10-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Any more pictures, or sites, or specs? The site you linked to is not terribly thorough. I am very curious about her design and performance. For instance, how close to the wind can she point?