PDA

View Full Version : Seattle

Paul Denison
11-15-2002, 07:59 PM
Spent the week in Seattle and was able to spend an hour at the "Center for Wooden Boats". That was real eye candy for sure. The three master Winonna sp? was in poor condition, holes all over the hull. That's going to be a lot of work. I saw an old codger working on the stern of a little sailing punt, wonder if it was someone on this forum?

I think I could live in that town.

Nicholas Carey
11-15-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Paul Denison:
Spent the week in Seattle and was able to spend an hour at the "Center for Wooden Boats". That was real eye candy for sure. The three master Winonna sp? was in poor condition, holes all over the hull. That's going to be a lot of work. I saw an old codger working on the stern of a little sailing punt, wonder if it was someone on this forum?[/quote[

WAWONA doesn't belong to the Center For Wooden Boats -- she belongs to Northwest Seaport.

She's a bit of an embarassement as she's been 'under restoration' now for nigh on 40 years...just gradually going further and further downhill.

[quote]I think I could live in that town.Nah...it rains all the time, never see the sun, mosquitos the size of pigeons. You don't want to live here. :D

Meerkat
11-17-2002, 10:57 PM
And the pigeons are big enough to carry of small children! The rat race is over here - the rats won! It rains so much they close off some streets for creeks. Orcas eat small boats on a regular basis and whales will try to mate with your larger boat. Most of the water around here is full of rocks. Deeper water is infested with navy subs trying to act like a hole in the water. Winter days are shorter then a hooker's mini-skirt. Did I mention it rains? People mainline coffee here just to stay alert. They brew coffee so strong here so it will taste decent before the rain dilutes it in the cup. Summer is sometimes cancelled on account of rain. The only time it's not raining here, it's getting ready to. When the humidity is low, it's foggy. Mold and mushrooms vacation here. Children are born with gills. Frogs drown here. We call Cap'n Crunch "mush". A Pacific Northwet drought is when it hasn't rained for a week. No straight shots here - the rain will dilute it before you can get it to your mouth. It rains so much, gopher hills have mudslides.