PDA

View Full Version : Attn. Cali Power Boaters

Hal Forsen
11-20-2005, 11:49 AM
WTH? I just got my new registration stickers and they came with these stupid CO Warning/Danger stickers and a pamphlet that says the law requires one of these damn things to be mounted "facing out on the stern or transom" and the other mounted "in a location that is immediately visible to the vessel operator"
Like I want these stupid things on the back end of my classic wood double ender and on my nice varnished dash. There's not even a place for somebody to hang on much less "Teak Surf".
Do you think I can get away with putting the one that's supposed to be on the stern on the back of the OB instead?
Anybody have any comments on this subject?
http://bartenderboats.com/animated/waving-flag.gif
HF

capt jake
11-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Eeh gads!! Now if CA is doing that, it will only be a short time before WA does it! What ever happened to being responsible for one's own well being???

I dont have an answer for you (obviously), but I wouldn't want to stick it to the boat either. :mad:

paladin
11-20-2005, 12:00 PM
uh..nossir...they wuz stuck on the boat ..but the glue weren't no good and they jes fell off.....

uncas
11-20-2005, 12:01 PM
Oh...I thought I was supposed to put them on my car's transom...
OOOPS!

Paul Scheuer
11-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Above the water line ?

Art Read
11-21-2005, 02:27 AM
I have yet to have the heart to apply the ugly WA state registration stickers behind the nice bronze numbers on MELINDA's bow like the "law" requires. Sure, I get 'em updated each year and I keep 'em aboard, along with the certificate, but have never "properly" displayed 'em. AND I've, had the the Marine Police, Coast Guard and Department of Natural Resources boats all change course to swing close past me several times now. So far, the only thing I heard from them was "Nice boat!" ;)

(I think they look at "unique" boats, responsibly operated, with a bit less bureaucratic "rigidity".)