PDA

View Full Version : Filing a claim..left no choice.

uncas
11-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Well, filed a claim against Hinckley today....It's gonna be interesting...Too bad I had to go to this extreme but had no options...

[ 11-01-2005, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: uncas ]

Matt J.
11-01-2005, 04:33 PM
Well, Oxford will be buzzing with rumors this week, won't they Jamie? ;)

uncas
11-01-2005, 04:36 PM
Matt...What can I say...Even I...as good natured as I am can only take so much... :D
On a sideline...What's up with Cutts and Case..?
Maybe I had better not ask...
jamj

Matt J.
11-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by uncas:
...Maybe I had better not ask...
jamjThat's too harsh of language, but, for now, I'm going to hold my tongue and see what comes along... the ball is being sent to thier court as we speak (kindly, but with some force behind it, I'd like to think).

Mrleft8
11-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Oh.... Just jam some bacon in those leaks and with any luck, some snapper blues will jump into the boat to get at the bacon, and you'll have dinner! :D

uncas
11-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Matt...really hope something works out...especially as I know all parties...
Not sure whether I mentioned to you but my insurance co. also insures C and C...It has already paid out on previous claims...

uncas
11-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Mrleft8...oh to live this down...Note post on other threads...
Using chicken for bait...catching 2 catfish...See the logic...chicken = bird...Catfish = relation of cat...It worked... ;)

Mrleft8
11-01-2005, 04:51 PM
And... How do hogs figure into this equation? Hogs like fish, therefore fish must like hogs.... no..... Wait! I got it! There was a famous Canadian ship called the "Bluenose".....You were using "Canadian bacon", and trying to catch Bluefish, which must have blue noses! BRILLIANT! :D

[ 11-01-2005, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Mrleft8 ]

Hughman
11-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Mrleft8:
And....You were using "Canadian bacon", and trying to catch Bluefish, which must have blue noses! BRILLIANT! :D No, BRILLIANT is from Mystic. Try clams.

uncas
11-02-2005, 07:22 AM
Hughman... :D :D :D

uncas
11-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Still have not heard from Hinckley...sent them an e-mail on Mon asking for the address and name of the CEO...No response...Perhaps they are getting too many requests and are afraid that people mmight write something which goes against this company's image...Heaven forbid..

paladin
11-02-2005, 10:08 AM
Jamie...
CEO is Gerry Dishino, in Portsmouth, R.I.

uncas
11-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Thanks Paladin!!!!
jamj

WindHawk
11-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Now, why am I not surprised that the CEO of Hinckley lives in Portsmouth????

uncas
11-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Well so much for the advertising stressing that Hinckley is a MAINE boatyard...boat building Co...
I ain't surprised by the difference in address...
Let's see...one bean to the right...two beans in my pocket,,one bean to the left...
Beans=dollars!!!! :D

Alan D. Hyde
11-02-2005, 03:03 PM
CAREFULLY verify that his address is correct, and that he is the current CEO.

THEN hire two of three college kids in his town to picket his house with polite, well-lettered, signs---

HINCKLEY UNFAIR TO SAILORS

Pay the kids $10 an hour or so. It's easy work. They'll be lots cheaper than lawyers. If Miss Rhode Island or one of her court is among your pickets, that won't hurt your PR campaign any, either.

Call the local papers and TV stations near his home to let them know of the coming demonstrations. A slow news day would be a good day to have them demonstrate...

I suspect the CEO will then answer your letter pretty quickly.

And (as you know) this is NOT legal advice. :D

Alan

[ 11-02-2005, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Alan D. Hyde ]

Matt J.
11-02-2005, 03:06 PM
I gotta tell ya, Alan, you've got some very creative solutions sometimes. :D

uncas
11-02-2005, 03:08 PM
:D :D :D :D
I do like some of these ideas...
As I'm not in the area...think I will just buy a penant with the talaria on it and hang it upside down on my spreader at places like the wooden boat show..
May get some attention without hiring anyone...

[ 11-02-2005, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: uncas ]

Alan D. Hyde
11-02-2005, 03:15 PM
IF I were looking for someone to hire, and didn't know anyone, and were out of town, I'd consider going to one of the class racing websites and getting some names of local college-age class racers, or perhaps call a yacht club there...

Make alliances.

Stay within the law, but make it easier and cheaper (and less embarrassing to top management) for them to give you what you wish, than for them not to do so...

Alan

uncas
11-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Alan...good advice but until I hear from my insurance co...Gonna wait.
The letter I have roughed out ( yet to be sent ) has cc's going to Walter Cronkite and Olin Stevens..Both know me and if not me...were well aquainted and friends of my father...The name..if nothing else will ring a bell.
Will see what happens..
I do like your thoughts though..
jamj