PDA

View Full Version : all i want for christmas is wooden sailboat

iwish
11-12-2002, 01:10 PM
hello all new here first time on forum. I have been sailing for about 12yrs now have a glass boat now 27 oday have been to several wooden boat shows mystic maryland and keep going away hungry. Ive been a wb subscriber for many years and cant wait to wear out the next issue that comes in the mail always go to boats for free first then the adds then read article after article. I have dreamed of an old boat for so long and one day i hope to catch that dream. I am pretty much looking for a project boat right now due to financial restraints. I know everybody will pretty much view me as neophyte but thats ok the dream is still to one day sail that old wooden sailboat and admire her beauty, craftsmanship, all things that set these fine works of art apart from cookie cutter boat. Great to be here

Hughman
11-12-2002, 03:16 PM
Welcome, Wish.

your project might be closer than you think, stay tuned! :D

iwish
11-14-2002, 08:52 AM
thanks for the words of optimism hughman lots of christmas' this years and many more coming with the lords will. I wont give up. It is nice to know I have been recognised here in this world where craft has not died. I will stay tuned

Scott Rosen
11-14-2002, 09:24 AM
Welcome, iwish. Think small, listen carefully to the people who have "been there, done that," and you'll do just fine.

John of Phoenix
11-14-2002, 09:33 AM
Welcome indeed, iwish. Number 5991. Seems 5000 wasn't that long ago.

paladin
11-14-2002, 04:43 PM
Welcome.......

Ken Hall
11-14-2002, 04:46 PM
Welcome to the forum, iwish.