PDA

View Full Version : RAID Michigan 2006

Captain Pre-Capsize
11-15-2005, 04:45 PM
What did you think of the article in WB about the Raids they have in Europe? I have been reading about them in Water Craft for the past four years and thought, "Why not here?"

Michigan seems ideal. Fresh water, centrally located, great summer weather, scenic. Most importantly there are towns located a day's sail away from each other. Going north from the Indiana border: St. Joe, South Haven, Holland, Grand Haven. I think that would be a great first year expedition and the miles more than manageable.

I want the guy in Europe to come over and organize the thing for us. Your thoughts?

[ 11-15-2005, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Captain Pre-Capsize ]

landlocked sailor
11-15-2005, 04:52 PM
I, too, have read the articles in Watercraft over the last several years. The 'Raid' concept sure sounds exciting; so exotic, so unique. The North Caroline Trailer Sailor group had a group sail on two consecutive weekends in October out to Cape Lookout. I guess it would qualify more as a 'Messabout' than a 'Raid'. Having the shoreside logistics arranged for multiple destinations would be pretty cool. Rick

DrakeChristensen
11-15-2005, 05:42 PM
I thought the same thing about SW Michigan, Cap'n. Saugatuck/Douglass would fit in there also. Count me in...

[ 11-15-2005, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Drake ]

WindHawk
11-15-2005, 06:09 PM
I keep my boat in Holland, MI. I'm up for it. A solo circumnavigation of Michigan is my current dream for next year, this would make for either great practice or an even better sendoff.