PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me I'm having IMPURE thoughts!

Lowell Bernhardt
10-28-2002, 05:44 PM
Well all I've finally done it. Remember the 95 HP Mercury motor that I told you about. I'm gonna go get it on Wednesday. (10-30-02)

I was talking with my uncle this weekend about the motor, and he said that he had a good deal for me. He has a boat with a blown motor (actually a frozen and busted lower drive) that he would give me a good deal on. So I asked "how much", (knowing full well that I would probably have to try to talk him down, he's had it for a while). His reply, "you'll have to buy the pen for me to sign the title". :eek:

Not a bad week! A FREE boat and a FREE motor!

Anyway, on with the BAD part. The boat is built out of a shall we say "OTHER" building material. Other meaning not wood, hemp, old tennis shoes, or dog chew toys. HMMMM how to be PC about his topic. Well let's just say that it's a bathtub with a motor. (yeah that sounds PC?)

Now it will need some work as it has sat for about two and a half years. But hay when I replace the floors I'll put marine plywood back in. And all of the lakes that I'll take it out on will be surrounded by trees. Does this make this horriable thought OK? ;)

If I do get the boat, what then do I do with the WOODEN BOAT fund? Beer, drugs, fishing tackle, WB on cd rom, maybe send it to "LOON" for a trip to the head doctor? ( 2 boats in one week, the man should be sainted) Any suggestions?

PLEASE FORGIVE ME,
Lowell

[ 10-28-2002, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Lowell Bernhardt ]

Cecil Nickerson
10-28-2002, 05:56 PM
Float, and sin no more…

Memphis Mike
10-28-2002, 05:56 PM
Keep the boat fund money for the Diablo
or whatever. Enjoy the plastic tub while
building a REAL boat.

Joe (SoCal)
10-28-2002, 06:21 PM
Or you can bring it down to TX and motor with Stan and his F*glass boat LOL

Good luck but dont show any photos :D

[ 10-28-2002, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) ]

formerlyknownasprince
10-29-2002, 04:37 AM
Just think of it as the tender that you will use to motor out to your REAL boat.

My f#$#glaZZ boat is quite useful. At the moment its being used as a box trailer. Its full of the bathroom lining and plumbing I ripped out of Grantala last Saturday.

Ian