PDA

View Full Version : Resawing article

Kermit
10-24-2002, 05:31 PM
The current issue of FineWoodworking has a good article on setting up a 14" cast iron bandsaw for resawing. Riser block, blades, fence mods, stronger spring, etc., etc. There be good info there.

But excuse the tiny rant, what's with the bit in #169 about the L-N scrub plane? Talk about non-boat related! Well, okay, I use my old Stanley a whole bunch, but this piece hardly mentions either the plane or boatbuilding. Or did I miss something? :rolleyes:

TomRobb
10-29-2002, 01:57 PM
An article about a hand plane that doesn't mention the plane?

John Bell
10-29-2002, 02:16 PM
But the plane article is by Robb White! It's not about the plane, it's just another story from a great story-teller. I get MAIB just becuase there is always one or more RW 'articles' in each bimonthly issue.

Ross Faneuf
10-29-2002, 10:23 PM
That article came real close to inspiring another sale for L-N... And I'll drive right by there tomorrow...

landlocked sailor
10-29-2002, 11:18 PM
Comments about Rob White are right on. I think he is a national treasure and always read his stuff first in MAIB. I have the plane and use it a lot, a real workhorse. Insidently, my best friend's rich brother was showing me some of his tool collection today and he has no fewer that FOUR of the Stanley originals. Rick