PDA

View Full Version : SUVs on the water

On Vacation
10-26-2002, 04:25 PM
Yes there are SUVs on the water in the form of 2 stroke engines. This new fourstroke 40 hp engine by Suzuki is so fuel efficent and clean burning, I don't know why there is another 2 stroke manufactured in the industry.

In the normal fishing trips as we have done with the new one, time and miles of the area we normally fish in, compared to the older 2 stroke, we have burned approx. 3 gallons of pure gas compared to approx. 12 to 14 gallons of mixed oil and gas of the past experience.

It is so quiet and has no smell or residue trailing behind you when idling of slow running.

There are deals out there, in the winter season especially of left over engines and surplus ones from dealers going out of business, that you can save a load and most will still come with new and exptended warranties.

Help save the inland waters. Do your part NOW!! Opps, I sound like an enviromentalist now. :D

[ 10-26-2002, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: oyster ]

stan v
10-26-2002, 06:49 PM
Hold those horses! The stuff from Evinrude, 2 strokes, have been tested, and...are as clean,and.... faster out of the hole, and...faster top end, and....lighter weight, and.....much less expensive. I'm talking about the big boys here, 200 hp and up. Great reviews on these new 2 strokes.

DutchRub
10-26-2002, 08:11 PM
Ya know, we dont all have a bunch of money hangin out r buts like sum of you. We got to use what we got here and now to make our livin.

Wayne Jeffers
10-26-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by oyster:
. . . I sound like an enviromentalist now. :D Like our Aussie friends would say, "Good on ya, Oyster!" :D

I tend to favor the old-fashioned ways, but sometimes the new ways really are better. ;)

Wayne

DutchRub
10-26-2002, 08:22 PM
the real old fashuned way was with a push pole and a pair a ours.-my 2 stroke stink bomb sure is a LOT better n that!

Gary Bergman
10-26-2002, 09:49 PM
Exactly what is a "pair a ours"? A pair of outboards? our what? I'm just not clear as to the use of purposely poor english; I'll do it myself once in a while for effect, but...ours?

Bill Perkins
10-26-2002, 10:04 PM
I'm ready for the 4 stroke revolution , I love the quiet ( of other peoples , I'm still 2 stroke ).One hope I have for the 4 strokes is that they may exaust more cleanly ( underwater ? ) in my sailboats moterwell . That would prompt me to switch .

Meerkat
10-26-2002, 10:27 PM
I thought new marine 2-stroke outboards are being banned this year or after this year and all existing ones are banned in a few years?

Meerkat
10-26-2002, 10:28 PM
Gary; the old way was 2 oars-power ;)

On Vacation
10-26-2002, 10:34 PM
I am not sure of the true ruling on two strokes. And I do smell something bad from the east coast. I will be the first to comment. A dead troll has been revived guys.

Gary Bergman
10-26-2002, 10:35 PM
Oh, now I guess I get it, sort of. I thought the old fashioned way was sailing(yeah, I know I'm a redundant sail junkie) but if I could get the 'ole lady to man the two oars.....hmmmmm

Gary Bergman
10-26-2002, 10:39 PM
Oh yeah, the troll. three posts, joined today, not a good f&$@in' thing to say, you mean that one? If you're gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tuff!

On Vacation
10-26-2002, 10:45 PM
Yep,just when you we thought it was safe to go back in the water. :(

Gary Bergman
10-26-2002, 11:00 PM
But there will always be sharks

Bill Perkins
10-27-2002, 08:34 AM
That wasn't a shark . Just something small and brown floating on the water .

DutchRub
10-27-2002, 06:44 PM
A pair of ours is what you row a boat with. Ya cant do much sailin in most of the waters I use- not enough room to tack Gary.

brian.cunningham
10-27-2002, 10:33 PM
I thought you meant real SUV's

In Detroit the ice fishers like to take thier vehicles out on the ice.

Last year was a little warn. So the local water patrol had to be called to pull them off when the ice broke off and they started to float down stream! :eek: