PDA

View Full Version : Nor'easter Damage Reports

Chris Coose
10-19-2002, 01:36 PM
Turns out I was darn close to loosing Victoria the other night. So close, I don't want to discuss it.
I got a report from my brother that Marblehead & Salem got smuck pretty hard.
Did you get any new work Thad? How bout further Downeast?
It gusted up to 55kts. for a few hours here and as far as I know no losses.

True Love
10-19-2002, 01:43 PM
I believe it was Ian who posted that they'd had a rough go of it on the Cape on Wednesday but Grana had weathered it safely. Glad to hear you're ok. Ian said several boats had slipped their moorings and one ended up on the breakwater - I believe at Hyannis, but don't quote me on the exact location.

Jack Heinlen
10-19-2002, 03:39 PM
http://belfast.villagesoup.com/gallery/index.cfm

The first gallery has some photos of Rockland.

Story is worth a read too.

[ 10-19-2002, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Jack Heinlen ]

brian.cunningham
10-19-2002, 04:02 PM
Glad I put the new tarp tent over SWIFTWOOD.
I managed to make it through.
I'll definitely put it under the porch for the winter. Nice day yesterday, but today is just to WINDY out!

Hope your boat is OK

Ross Faneuf
10-19-2002, 04:18 PM
Sure was glad Ceol Mor and Ceol Beag were back home. I begin to understand why my insurance runs out on Oct. 1 - unless I pony up a LOT extra. My neighbor is the waterfront manager at Wayfarer Marine in Camden (ex Coastie) and they had a boat loose which he snatched off the rocks in the nick of time.

Thad
10-19-2002, 04:53 PM
'Twas rough with the wind but decidedly East not NE so far from the worst here. The previous one was NE and rougher down the harbor but also not too long lived (one day) so I know of no serious problems resulting in either case. No work my way from them at least and SEA HARMONY rode them out fine. I don't know the wind speeds but we were just now looking at the rocks still on the street above the fort beach -- and the tide was not that high. Glad VICTORIA hung in there.

Hughman
10-19-2002, 05:55 PM
I can attest to the conditions in Rockland Harbor in a stiff easterly. I spent two memorable days catching drifting boats in that harbor (as Asst. Harbormaster) that broke loose in winds of 50 kts. or better. Imagine jumping off a perfectly good boat onto a drifter in order to accept a tow line! :eek: