PDA

View Full Version : Endeavor Story for True Love

Concordia..41
11-16-2002, 07:17 PM
I started to respond on Donn's thread, but it was just too much of a hijack.

Endeavor and her 60' tender (which I think I'd like to have) were on the CYC we did this summer. Dave recognized the guy's name when the scandal hit the press. Maybe they'll both be up for sale now.

The tender had underwater lights for pity's sake :eek: :eek: Dave called me over to look at them one night at the dock. BIG MISTAKE!!! It was without a doubt the coolest thing I've ever seen, and when I see something cool it goes immediately to the HoneyHoneyHoneywehavejustgottodothat list.

However, Dave steadfastly refuses to cut holes in the bottom of Sarah and install lights. Tease! :mad:

http://www.sailingwithsarah.com/Pic/WBF/Endeavortender.jpg

I'm sure the crew had them cleaned off within minutes, but my finger prints were on the side of the "tender" because the boat we were on was just backed out through that narrow space between the "tender" and the sailboat docked to the right. We were physically holding Arapaho off and walking her back exactly eye-level with those windows.

Probably could of scored a ride on Endeavor - the wife of a couple we were sailing with did. Dave and I though were pretty overwhelmed by the whole "yachtie" business. I should of spent more effort on my social skills and less time looking over my shoulder expecting to be shown to the door.

There's some great pictures of Endeavor and the cruise at www.jclass.com (http://www.jclass.com) (download the medium movie), then explore the rest of the site.

[ 11-16-2002, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Concordia..41 ]

True Love
11-16-2002, 10:32 PM
Thank you, Margo. That boat just takes my breath away. I wonder what will become of her now. She must cost a small fortune to maintain.

A 60 foot yacht tender? I cannot begin to imagine it.

capt jake
11-17-2002, 12:33 AM
Good Show! thanks for the link!!

Norske3
11-17-2002, 10:36 AM
GORGEOUS!..thanks.....twenty minute download worth it... smile.gif