PDA

View Full Version : Lottery boats

bamamick
11-24-2005, 03:15 PM
I can't help myself. My wife and I were just discussing last night how there was NO WAY that we could afford a new Star this year smile.gif !!

I have spent several hours today looking at web sites for meter boats, and I just can't help myself but get caught up in it. On another site that I read there was a guy asking if anyone knew where he could buy a 6mR so that he and his buddies could go race in England. No big deal. Just buy a 6mR. But not just any six. Oh, no. This guy wanted a 'classic, wooden' six. Argh!!

I know that I should be happy with my Dragon, and I am, but when I see those overhangs and think of what a thrill it would be to drive such a beast in 15 knots I get a wee bit giddy.

If I ever win the Florida lottery (which I play every week, by the way. Twice a week, actually) these 6 and 8 metre guys better watch out, 'cause I am gonna be there! I am already picking out my boat!

Mickey Lake

[ 11-24-2005, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: bamamick ]

Paul Pless
11-24-2005, 03:43 PM
I hear ya loud and clear. So many boats, so little time...

Joe (SoCal)
11-24-2005, 03:55 PM
Mickey never give up I have never stopped looking for a catboat. For fun or torture I surfed through catboats for sale and not for sale on every website. For the past FIVE years. I would just sit and wonder what it would be like to have that big cockpit and dreamy single big gaff rig.

Now I'm th..is close to getting one in a kinda winning lottery way. Through a sweet real estate deal.

NEVER GIVE UP. Play the lottery, but better yet let everyone you ever meet that you would die for a 6mR you never know one may find her way to you. I honestly believe that these beautiful wooden boats are looking for us as much as we are looking for them.

[ 11-24-2005, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) ]