PDA

View Full Version : Good news for a change

Evan Showell
10-28-2002, 09:44 PM
Running the risk of being Scoted for self-promotion, my arm still hurts from patting myself on the back for the news received today that, come tomorrow, I'll be the holder of U.S. Patent #6,473,005 for a marine signalling device. Think of it as a turn signal for boats that makes a synchronous light and sound signal corresponding to the inland or offshore required audible signal for a maneuvering intention. The interface looks like a car steering wheel and a directional stalk on the theory that everyone drives a car so they ought to recognize the purpose of the controls. Coast Guard statistics on the cost of boating accidents in any given year are positively frightening running into the many millions of dollars in property damage alone, not to mention the human costs from injuries/death. So . . . don't mind me if I crow a bit. It's been years in the making and is, after all boat-related. Helping myself to a wee dram of the Highland's finest. Wishing you all could share it with me. Regards, Evan

capt jake
10-28-2002, 09:54 PM
Very cool, Evan! I wish I could get off my duff and do something as worthwhile as this!

Very nice. smile.gif Very nice. smile.gif

NormMessinger
10-29-2002, 08:43 AM
I've been told the Bible says, "He who tooteth not his own horn, the same shall not be tooted." I haven't confirmed the reference but what the heck. Go for it.

Best to ya and good luck with marketing.

--Norm