PDA

View Full Version : Finnally a productive weekend!

cs
11-25-2002, 12:00 PM
After forever of not so perfect weekends and not getting anything done finnally one where I got something done and even got to watch football.

First I got my strong back moved into the shop and set up. Hopefully tonight I can start setting the stations up on it and start stripping. (Be on the lookout for photos)

Second I managed to finsih sanding the topsides of my weekender and getting a good coat of epoxy. Next step is to flip it over trim the hull sides at the bottom and sand it. I will than start glassing the outside of the hull. Once that is done I will flip it back over and glass the topsides (did you hear that WW? I should be ready to flip any day now.) I will than need to build the cabin portion and glass it. And than I will think about glassing the inside.

On the non-boat side of the house I managaed to clean the chimney, patch the roof and replace the mounting board for my sattalite. Didn't get the grass cut so maybe I can do that during the week. I even got some more Christmas shopping done and finsished reading "Two Years Before the Mast."

I hope your weekend was as productive. smile.gif

Chad

p.s. Forgot to add I even cooked supper and made cookies. smile.gif

[ 11-25-2002, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: cs ]

ken mcclure
11-25-2002, 06:15 PM
Didja take a three-day weekend? or didn't you sleep? I spent mine fighting pneumonia. I did get to watch a little football and a bunch of woodworking shows.

The good thing about pneumonia is you get to sleep a lot.

PS - got the plans. MANY thanks. I'll post pics when I get some time to do the project. smile.gif

John B
11-25-2002, 09:50 PM
Good on you Chad.
Ken!!I've been wondering what you were doing. been missing for a while? Nothing too good by the sounds. plenty of time to listen to the sparrows though eh.

Wild Dingo
11-26-2002, 06:40 AM
now aint it pleasing to hear someone achieving SOMETHING???... to do wif boats of course! :D Well done Chad!... cookies? mmmmmmmmmmmm... gawd yer missus would have to be one smiling lady mate! whataman!!

You been crook Ken?... well keep the pecker up old son! :D tongue.gif ... eat well sleep well and get better mate. :cool:

Take it easy
Shane

ken mcclure
11-26-2002, 09:17 AM
:D Thanks, JB and Shane!

Oddly enough, the antibiotic has provided me with hours of amusement. The baby is 5 now, and has this affinity for bodily function stuff so I keep her laughing too.

John Bell
11-26-2002, 07:56 PM
Dang, Chad! Yer buildin' two boats at once? Or is it three counting the unfinished canoe in the basement?

That's really, really bad. You better be on the lookout for someone arriving with two muscular guys wearing in tow, carrying commitment papers. Yup, yer certifiable.

I've been on the road nearly continuously for a month. I'm sitting in Montreal right now, dying to get home for the holidays. Luckily Delta will be ready when I am tomorrow morning...

Glad to hear that someone is building something. I'm itchin' to start another one, but my bride isn't ready for it yet. Still some buttering up to do!

JB

cs
11-27-2002, 06:21 AM
Yes Ken I hope you get better and yes it is mandatory that you post photos of the chair. What material do you plan on using? I used red oak.

John I've always known that I was certafiable. :D But to answer your question. I have a weekender under construction and a strip canoe. The Roth friendship is in the planning stages and the outrigger for my "cheap" canoe is something I plan to do in my spare time. So I've only got 2 boats under actual construction.

Chad

ken mcclure
11-27-2002, 08:05 AM
I was thinking oak as well, but I saw some ash at the lumber mill...

I still have a bit of purpleheart hanging around from a past project...

And I've got some maple left over...

Dunno! Purple and white is sounding good so far....

cs
11-27-2002, 08:15 AM
I've got some Phillippine mahgoney (sp?) laying aroudn waiting for a project. I've thought about doing the sides out of this and than doing the slats out of Red oak to give it a color contrast. Whatcha think?

Chad