PDA

View Full Version : Headwater 16 on the water

wingnut
04-26-2004, 01:10 PM
http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP5232.jpg
I sure hope this works. If it does i'll post the details.
wingnut

wingnut
04-26-2004, 01:18 PM
Well it looks like that worked,
i'll try this picture too.
http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP5233.jpg
The boat is a headwater 16, power dory designed by Tracy o'brien. These photo's are from easter sunday. I'm the guy with no hair in one picture and the orange hat in the other. The other guy is my dad.
The boat took about 1 year and three months to complete. I'm now working on the little stuff to ready it for some puget sound salt water fishing.
If you have any questions feel free to ask, otherwise enjoy the pictures.

Wingnut

WOODZOWL
04-26-2004, 03:40 PM
Hi, Wingnut
Hey Mark, the ship looks great and the color complements the boat. Kudos, and have fun!!!. Jerry M. :cool:

wingnut
04-27-2004, 10:01 AM
Jerry,
Thanks for the kind words. I'm looking forward to doing some fishing out of her shortly.
Mark

DavesFlatsBoat
04-27-2004, 01:39 PM
Congrats - there is nothing like building and launching your own boat. And your's is right pretty - Your fordeck looks like it deserves some close-up shots. Again, Nice work - now get some fish guts on her!!! :D

Dave

Hwyl
04-27-2004, 03:19 PM
Nice job, did your Dad help build her?

wingnut
04-27-2004, 06:48 PM
I'm going to take some close up shots of the inside this weekend and will post those after. My dad didn't help me build it (alhtough i wish he or i lived closer to each other and that it could have been a joint project), this was all on my own. After that little boat ride (where these pictures were taken) he's seriously looking at boat plans now and i could forsee him building something along these lines in the near future.
well, look for a few more pictures within the next week.
Wingnut

L.W. Baxter
04-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Solid, wingnut!

That's a dramatic looking design. Looks like a good choice for your purpose.

What are those eye-bolt looking bits of hardware on the transom? Going skiing, are you? :eek: :D

wingnut
04-28-2004, 10:04 AM
Baxter,
the eyebolts on the back are there for two reasons. The first reason is for when trailering the boat i attach tie down straps from them to the trailer. The other is for when on anchor, fishing for salmon or steelhead we put out one or two sea socks to keep the boat in a straight line or closer to shore. Where we fish there are shelfs that drop off from the bank (this is on the columbia river). So a few feet right or left (add in a soft current and a fast current, what we refer to as a "mix line") makes a big difference. Just adds more control over our fishing rods. Hope that answers your question.
Wingnut

Dave B
04-28-2004, 11:49 PM
That is one great looking boat! I finished one of Tracy's "Deadrise 19" designs (I call it the Money Pit) about 3 years ago, but I seriously looked at your design first. Is it a stitch and glue type also?
Dave B

wingnut
04-29-2004, 09:39 AM
Dave B,
yes this is a stich and glue design also. Woodzowl also has built the deadrise 19. I would have probably chose to build that boat but, at the time i started i couldn't really build anything bigger in my shop. Do you have any pictures of the deadrise? My dad is toying with building the deadrise, maybe a few more pictures will put him over the edge and get him started :D .

wingnut

Dave B
04-29-2004, 11:06 PM
I have a few photo's of the exterior but I really should take some better ones that show the inside also. I've never tried to post pic's here, but I could send them to you. Let me know what address and I'd be happy to do it.
Dave B

wingnut
04-30-2004, 09:41 AM
dave, here is my email address.
markriedesel@hotmail.com
Would love to see some pictures and i may be able to post them on here too. (these pictures were my first attempt and i'm pretty sure i can do it again). Thanks for the response.
wingut