PDA

View Full Version : The season of the Dirty Bird

cs
12-19-2002, 08:01 AM
In a recent e-mail with Jeff (see his boat photos next door) we had touched on sports and he mentioned that we should keep running that spartan up the middle. I hadn't thought about where he came from, but now that I know I would like to thank Mich State for TJ Duckett.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/photos/47073.gif

He is avereging 3.9 yards a carry with 4 touchdowns. All this with limited playing time. He is a great compliment to the slasher running back we have in Warrick Dunn. Unlike Dunn, Duckett likes to pound the ball up the middle. He kinda of reminds me of William Andrews. I've heard the media compare him to Bennis. In fact they go so far to say if Bennis is the bus than Duckett is the "Diessel".

After 2 heartbreaking losses we have 2 games left to secure a playoff spot. This weekend we play the Lions and with a win there and a Giants loss we are in the playoffs.

Go Falcons!!!

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/images/hm_logo.gif

Chad

jack grebe
12-19-2002, 08:31 AM
ahhhhhh football,yes hang on to wharever SLIM hope of playoff you have ........it will all be over in a wk and a half

GO EAGLES :D

cs
12-19-2002, 01:38 PM
Whatcha mean SLIM! Be ready, for we are going to roll over folks now!

This team has really developed this year and Vick is turning into one of the best things that ever happened to Atlanta. If not this year watch out for next year.

BTW See if you can find out some info on Tee Martin. From what I understand he is on the practise squad for the Eagles. He came out of the Tennessee and if he ever gets the chance to start in the NFL he will be good.

Chad

NormMessinger
12-19-2002, 01:42 PM
Ian? Anyone? What are these guys talking about anyway?

--Norm

jack grebe
12-19-2002, 01:58 PM
football Norm......america's favorite passtime :D
as for Vick, yes I will admit that he is great to watch but don't pin your hopes on any one player.How good would those "dirty birds" look without him? OTOH the EAGLES just keep on winning with a 3rd string rookie under center :cool: It's a team sport and takes a team
to win

Dave Fleming
12-19-2002, 02:02 PM
Ah yes, that curious American version of Jousting, sans horses, sans blood, most of the time, but replete with armour, much milling about, cryptic signals called to associates followed bye a head on clash with simarlly garbed foes. This ritual is broken into several time frames with the largest separation taking place at mid time. A riotous semi-erotic scene enfolds with scantily clothed 'virgins' cavorting about and yelling epithets upon the other side. This boring spectical continues with ocassional brief intermissions as 'wounded' combatants are carted off the field either assisted bye auxillariy members or on stretcher. All the while an annoying voice over keeps droning on in some quasi-medical mumbo jumbo about 'torn ligaments', mild concussion, achilles heel tendon damage. This is interspersed with pleas from other folk to buy this auto, eat this food or questions of a personal nature...have you tried this blurfl to treat hemrroids?

Just my view so take it as you will.

PS: can you tell I have NO tolerance for professional sports?
:rolleyes: :( :confused:

cs
12-19-2002, 02:08 PM
Yes it is a team sport and if you notice in my first post I didn't even mention Vick. We've got 2 running backs that are fantastic. We've got a great secondary that is still learning this new defensive package. There is also some good if not great tight ends. We are a little weak in the wide out spots, but that is also coming along. BTW the one game that Vick didn't start Johnson did and we won that one.

Chad

ps: I it nice to see the Eagles there also, even though they ain't my favorite team. I like them better thant the 49'rs or the Saints or the Rams.

jack grebe
12-19-2002, 02:16 PM
dave .......it gets better ......the playoffs are coming....ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!
CHAD glimps of things are exciting as I see for
the FALCONS as was the case for the eagles over the last 4 yrs good luck

Dennis Marshall
12-19-2002, 02:47 PM
Chad, being a transplanted Michigander and a Lions fan, I would rib you a little about the way them Lions are going to eat the Falcons alive! I guess I will wait until next year. :rolleyes:

Dennis

J. Dillon
12-19-2002, 03:04 PM
Dave F.,

Well said. My sentiments exactly. It's getting like wrestling. Ho Hum.

By the way did you ever go to a Renaissance fair ? They have them near here in CT but in NY state. It's great to see the "jousting", falconry, cross bow, archery competition and full size chess matches as well as other medieval events.

I will watch the "Super bowl" but only if it looks like a close match.

Same for the "World series".

Has any foreign team competed in the WORLD series against the US ?? :rolleyes:

JD

John Bell
12-19-2002, 03:42 PM
The Toronto Blue Jays! And as our Canadian brethren are so fond of reminding us, they are an Exotic Foreign Country That is Completely Separate From the United States.

(funky capitalization courtesy of my Dave Barry style manual)

Chad, you sure are a masochist! A Falcons fan... almost as bad as being a Cubs or Red Sox fan. I gave up them when the lost in the NFC title game back in the early 80's during the Leeman Bennett years. It is good to see that getting rid of the Clampetts (former owner Rankin Smith and sons) has had a positive effect on the team. Back when the Rankin was running the team as a jobs program for his kids, we were ready to send the team to any city who'd take 'em. Home Depot co-founder Bernie Marcus is quite step up.

cs
12-19-2002, 03:50 PM
I always thought the the problem with the Falcons was that they didn't have an owner that was dedicated to winning. Glad to see an owner who is dedicated to the team.

Chad

ken mcclure
12-19-2002, 05:23 PM
Where can I find blurfl?

jack grebe
12-19-2002, 05:30 PM
god ken ya live in pittsburgh........say away from the sports page :D

Dave Fleming
12-19-2002, 05:38 PM
Ken, ya got 'roids Laddy Buck?

Blurfl is in short supply right now, the war build up don'cha know.

But the old reliable, or so I'm told, Preparation H is in good supply.
:D