PDA

View Full Version : ,,,, and another thing,,,,,,,

Magwitch
04-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Swimbo is in Chicago this week... some academic thing, very hard work.(sniff)
Last night she went to see Bob Dylan in concert, live, Merle Haggard as a warm up act.
She doesn't even like Dylan and I know she never even heard of MH.
Today I went to the dentist and tomorrow I will sand her bloody teak garden furniture, four chairs, a three seater bench and a ten foot table.
Life's a bugger,,,,,,,,,, I mean... Dylan! I never saw Dylan live, ever.
Women get all the fun,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
IanW

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
04-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Ian, from your other posts I gather that this paragon is allowing you to sail across the Atlantic, single handed. And to practice wood finishing on her furniture.

Smile, life could be a lot worse.

Magwitch
04-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by P.I. Stazzer-Newt:
Ian, from your other posts I gather that this paragon is allowing you to sail across the Atlantic, single handed. And to practice wood finishing on her furniture.

Smile, life could be a lot worse.Well yes, but be fair, that's Dylan! I mean, DYLAN .
IanW

Victor
04-06-2005, 05:28 PM
She might find she likes him - he puts on a good show. I saw him in Paris in 84 = he sang "The Times They Are A'Changin" in French. Van Morrison was with him, but to the French he was Van Who?

L.W. Baxter
04-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Can you take comfort in the fact that Merle Haggard is awful in concert?

I saw Dylan when he toured with Santana. Santana opened to a house packed with Latinos and classic rock geeks. He burned the place down.

Then Dylan came on, playing songs from Time Out of Mind, acoustically. By the time he finished the second song, the coliseum was mostly empty. I took the opportunity to get a better seat, of course.

Best concert I ever saw, both halves.

captain's gig
04-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Magwitch:

She doesn't even like Dylan and I know she never even heard of MH.
IanWNot sure if Bob Dylan even heard of Bob Dylan.

John B
04-06-2005, 06:13 PM
I'm at Peters place on Sat, Ian. any basin news I can pass on?

Magwitch
04-07-2005, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by John B:
I'm at Peters place on Sat, Ian. any basin news I can pass on?Just the usual basin politics... The Gentlemen Venturers of the Company of Proprieters of the Chelmer and Blackwater Navigation by Act of Parliament Instituted(1790), in Administration (2004), or the Canal company as we know and love them, have evicted the tenants of the block of garages and launched all the layed up boats in the compounds to clear the site for sale. Another block of Yuppie apartments each with its own little berth,,,,,,,,,not sold yet though.
,,,,,,,,and they are trying to sell the lease to the top pub (aka Old Ship).
Other than that, same old stuff. smile.gif
IanW