PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Broussard's story

Roger Stouff
09-04-2005, 09:37 PM
UNDATED The president of Jefferson Parish broke down on national T-V today, while telling how angry he is with the response to the hurricane.

Aaron Broussard told how his head of emergency management had his mother in a nursing home. Appearing on N-B-C's "Meet the Press," Broussard was in tears as he told how the elderly woman kept calling day after day, to ask if she'd be rescued. Her son kept reassuring her right up until Friday -- when the woman drowned.

With tears streaming down his face, Broussard ripped into the feds, saying he's "sick of the press conferences." He then bluntly sent a message to Washington -- quote -- "For God's sake shut up and send us somebody!"

Gary E
09-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Roger I saw that, and the FUBAR Feds deserve a new a$$hole to be ripped...

Bruce Springsteen's My City is Broken keeps playing over and over in my head..

SandMaster
09-04-2005, 10:17 PM
I saw it Roger.

The apathy of the The american public at large is beyond description.

most of those that feel anything get off easy by sending a few bucks to the red cross or some like organisation. gives their mind a break so they can justify a few laguhs while they eat a big meal and laugh at an idiotic comedy movie.

meanwhile real lives die, suffer and just plain cease to have the will to exist in the aftermath.

I have been in hurricanes- the eye of 3 or 4, though none as trajic as yours. I know the aftermath and the melancholy that will soon overwash your neighbors and yourself like I know the back of my hands on this keyboard.

peace to you. if you can send it the way of any of your readers try to do so. you ar ea good man.

I will continue to grieve for you all.

d

Memphis Mike
09-04-2005, 10:44 PM
I saw it Roger.

We are all deeply saddened and upset that something like this is taking place on our own soil.

I'm trying to not pass judgement too soon but it's really hard not to try to lay the blame at someone's feet.

May God be with you folks in the coming days ahead.

Meerkat
09-05-2005, 01:30 AM
Harry Truman knew where th buck stopped... :rolleyes:

skuthorp
09-05-2005, 01:44 AM
amen Mike

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
09-05-2005, 08:40 AM
What Mike said Roger.
Prayers for all suffering this tragic event.

Phillip Allen
09-05-2005, 08:46 AM
My assets are not dollars...I have few. My assets are a spare bedroom and the willingness to deal with the inevitable problems of having very upset strangers in my house...it will cost some dollars too but, unlike the Red (double)Cross, my few dollars will go directly to those who need them...and this administrator doesn't get long paid vacations and a million dollar salary or invited to White House dinners...

[ 09-05-2005, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Phillip Allen ]