PDA

View Full Version : Its not easy...

cs
02-17-2003, 02:06 PM
as I thought it would be. As I sat here at my desk looking at the accumlation of 8 years with one company. Trying to pack or not to pack up my personal belongings. The boss assured my that my desk would still be here when I get back, but maybe just a little dusty. I look at all the junk that I have collected that I thought was important, but will probably throw away now. Passed off the important stuff this morning. Now all that is left is my personal reference books and my stuff. There is all the photos of my family all over the place and my little knick knacks. Guess I will let them stay here. If they get someone to temporarly fill my spot this will be a reminder that I will be back.

Just ramblin here. Just sitting and typing what comes to mind. Tommorrow morning we have a section chief meeting and I will know more about the situation. Right now I just plan like I will not be back for a while.

My boss has been real good to me. He just had back surgery last week and he came in today because this is my last day. He wanted to make sure that finacially everything would be alright while I'm gone. They have offered to keep my family medical and dental insurance paid while I'm gone (they don't have to do this). He thanked me for my years of service and re-assured me that I would be missed.

Tonight is the rough part. I have to sit down with my 10 year old daughter and explain to her what is happening and why. She won't like it, but I'm sure she will understand. She knows that Daddy has made a commentment and she understands how important that is. But it won't help none.

My wife knows what to expect. She has been through it before, but that don't make it no easier.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Chad

Alan D. Hyde
02-17-2003, 02:09 PM
God bless and guide you and yours, Chad.

Alan

Peter Malcolm Jardine
02-17-2003, 02:10 PM
I have to say Chad, that this personalizes the issue more for me than any video or news story.
I wish you all the best, and I think I can speak for a lot of people here when I say I'm proud to know you. Serving your country is an honorable task that many ignore. Godspeed to you. smile.gif

On Vacation
02-17-2003, 02:14 PM
Chad, High regards and thoughts be with you.

ishmael
02-17-2003, 02:17 PM
My thoughts flow out, are stopped, dammed, run over, confused, but always flowing in one direction. Respect.

If there is anything I can do, to help while you are away, please don't hesitate to ask. I don't know what it would be, but I'm sure there are many here who stand with me in the offer.

Go with God.

Jack

Meerkat
02-17-2003, 02:30 PM
cs; I have been wondering - what do you do in the military if it's ok to say?

John Bell
02-17-2003, 02:30 PM
What Donn said. I'm less than two hours away...

cs
02-17-2003, 02:39 PM
Thanks guys. I just needed a place to type my ramblings. It is really not the easy to get ready to leave work.

Meerkat, I'm chief of a Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS). We are the most advanced artillery system in the world. Here is a shot of them in action.

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/mlrs/images/mlrs1.jpg

And here is a couple of shots of me and my launcher:

http://a2.cpimg.com/image/76/4E/1668982-924e-02580190-.jpg

http://a0.cpimg.com/image/18/D7/1673240-0d21-02580190-.jpg

Chad

ishmael
02-17-2003, 02:42 PM
Don't "awe shucks" me, my friend. Do as Donn says, and make sure your wife knows we are here, okay? smile.gif

On Vacation
02-17-2003, 02:42 PM
Chad, did you Mother ever allow you to play with guns? :D If not, you make up for it now. Thats firepower.

Tar Devil
02-17-2003, 02:45 PM
Chad, since you don't have much choice anyway, do what everyone else says, plus...

Shoot first and aim better!

Prayers for you and your family.

Regards

Phil and Family

LeeG
02-17-2003, 02:50 PM
Chad, be safe sounds like a dumb thing to say, thanks for the pictures,,I'm guessing that beast doesn't have a stero system but I bet it plays some rolling thunder just the same. We'll keep the lights on for you.

Meerkat
02-17-2003, 02:55 PM
Does it have a cigarette lighter so you can keep the personal stereo/cd charged up? smile.gif

I don't know quite how to put this, but I was hoping you had some nice cosy supply MOS and wouldn't be in the thick of things. At least you won't be on foot ;) Maybe you'll get a nice gig in Turkey!

I wish you the best of luck dude!

Roger Stouff
02-17-2003, 03:16 PM
Best of luck, and we're all thinking of ya.

A bud of mine was a rocket launcher chief in Desert Storm. Very tough job, but we have ultimate faith in you.

Keep in touch as you can!

ken mcclure
02-17-2003, 03:19 PM
Ramble away, my friend. It's a hard thing that you're doing and if talking about it here helps, then just talk away!

NormMessinger
02-17-2003, 03:50 PM
What Peter said... And everyone else. Keep your head down, the bad guys are not going to like you but you have our love.

cs
02-17-2003, 04:44 PM
They bought me a cake today at work and here is the photo:

http://a5.cpimg.com/image/71/77/16653425-d7cd-020B015E-.jpg

Chad

brad9798
02-17-2003, 04:45 PM
Not sure what to say, that hasn't already been posted by others ... thus far.

You have my and my family's ultimate respect and prayers (along with all other involved personnel and their respective families).

May you be strong (in your departure), unfluential (in your journey), and joyous (in your return to your family!!)

God bless-

Brad

huisjen
02-17-2003, 05:10 PM
Chad, I'm glad I'm not going with you this time, and I hope you come home safe, and soon. When and if it comes time to hunt, I wish you good hunting.

Good Luck.

Dan

Ron Williamson
02-17-2003, 06:08 PM
Well Chad,you just gave me a chill(again).
At least you get to blow $hit up at decent distance.
Take care
R

Shang
02-17-2003, 06:56 PM
MLRS...Holy Cow! Nobody's EVER going to argue with a guy who drives THAT thing!

Take care of yourself. Keep notes. Take pictures. Hurry back and tell us how it was.

Scott Rosen
02-17-2003, 07:01 PM
Godspeed. Do your job and come home soon. We'll be waiting.

Leon m
02-17-2003, 07:17 PM
CS
From a former Armored Cav. Scout... SALUTE!!! May you come back safe to your family.
Thank You !

Meerkat
02-17-2003, 07:45 PM
It's not easy... being green smile.gif
http://www.ragbone.net/shop/corgi/tvfilm/cc06601_muppet300_278.gif

[ 02-17-2003, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Meerkat ]

Mr. Know It All
02-17-2003, 10:07 PM
Superman (It's Not Easy)

I cant stand to fly
I'm not that naive
I'm just out to find the better part of me
I'm more than a bird
I'm more than a plane
More than some pretty face beside a train
It's not easy to be me

Wish that I could cry
Fall upon my knees
Find a way to lie about a home I'll never see
It may sound absurd, but don't be naive
Even Heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed but won't you concede
Even Heroes have the right to dream
It's not easy to be me

Up, up and away, away from me
It's all right
You can all sleep sound tonight
I'm not crazy or anything

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
Men weren't meant to ride
With clouds between their knees
I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street

Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me
It's not easy to be me.

~Five For Fighting~

Peace----> Kevin in Ohio

[ 02-17-2003, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Know It All ]

Mrleft8
02-17-2003, 11:17 PM
Actually........ kinda reminds me of a Bruce Cockburn song..... "If I had a rocket launcher....."
Any way..... Stay safe, and good luck.

Wild Dingo
02-18-2003, 12:06 AM
Chad mate... everyones said what I feel and Im way down yonder downunder but the feelings of wantin you to keep safe and return are as your aware flowin from down here to you and yours.
Love and strength to the missus and hoon.
Take it easy
Shane Jo and hoons

[ 02-18-2003, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Wild Dingo ]

whb
02-18-2003, 12:22 AM
Chad

Godspeed and come home safe.

Howard

cs
03-24-2017, 03:57 PM
Wow! Looking back at old threads and found this. Thirteen years since I started this thread. Been a long time.

Chad

ron ll
03-24-2017, 04:37 PM
Wow! Looking back at old threads and found this. Thirteen years since I started this thread. Been a long time.

Chad

So fill us in. How long were you gone? How's your family?
And BTW, thanks. :)

cs
03-25-2017, 08:02 AM
We lovingly refer the that time as The Battle of Ft Campbell. We were activated for the ground wat in Iraq and hooked up with a Brigade out of Kentucky. By the time we finished all of our certifications the ground wat was "over". We spent about 3 months at Ft Campbell before being sent home.

I have deployed since then but that was the first time since Desert Storm. As you can see from some other pictures I have posted my daughter turned out well despite my being gone. She loves soldiers and supports them as much or more than most, but she will not join because she don't like the idea of being away from family for long periods.

The time I wrote that we didn't know what was going to happen. It was scary, we were worried about the chemical threat and didn't know the future. I was scared, nervous and excited a little all at the same time.

Chad

jack grebe
03-25-2017, 08:19 AM
I remember that post, I remember those days with the USMC.

Chad, you really need to visit here more often.

cs
03-25-2017, 10:51 AM
I plan on it being more of a presence than I have been lately. I enjoy sharing pictures of my projects even though I don't have the skill level as others on here. Who knows maybe one day I will even build a guitar or another boat.

Chad

Stiletto
03-25-2017, 08:47 PM
I have enjoyed your bike threads too. What are you riding now, a Triumph?

cs
03-25-2017, 08:58 PM
Yes. I still have the yellow Sprint and love it. Would love to get a Speed Triple.

Chad