PDA

View Full Version : ANTHRAX Search-Bull$h!^

David Tabor (sailordave)
12-15-2002, 05:49 PM
Here is the text from one of the stories about last weeks "search" related to the anthrax scares.

FBI Conducts New Searches in Anthrax Probe

Reuters
Thursday, December 12, 2002; 8:33 PM

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The FBI, which is investigating deadly anthrax attacks last year, said on Thursday it was searching for evidence on public land in Frederick, Maryland.

While the FBI statement did not say where the search would take place, ABCNEWS.com, citing unnamed sources, said the FBI planned to have divers search a number of small lakes and ponds in Gambrill State Park outside Frederick for laboratory equipment that may have been disposed of.

FBI agents were at the park on Thursday preparing for the underwater search, which will likely last through the weekend. A ground search of the park was also planned, the report said.

"It is important to note that based on water, soil and sediment testing already conducted, there is no indication of any risk to the public health or public safety," the FBI said in a statement.

Law enforcement officials would not confirm or deny whether the search was connected to Steven Hatfill, a former U.S. Army scientist who has been identified as a "person of interest" in the attacks that killed five people last year.

Hatfill, whose former home in Frederick was searched twice this year, has lashed out at the FBI for leaking information about the searches and has vowed to take legal action.

The germ warfare expert used to work for the Army Medical Institute of Infectious Disease at Fort Detrick, which is also located in Frederick and is the center of the nation's biological warfare defense research.

Hatfill has denied any involvement in the anthrax attacks. In a news conference in August, he said he had never worked with anthrax and "know nothing about this matter."

Hatfill was fired from his job at Louisiana State University a month after FBI agents made a widely publicized search of his apartment in August.

Now for the rest of the story... In the mid 80's I worked for the state up in this watershed area supervising H.S. kids cleaning up. I know this area REAL well. I also heard from M-I-L that friends of ours who live nearby had FBI types on their private property. When the guy went out to question them as to what the hell they were doing on his property, he was told it was an "ongoing investigation" and he didn't need to know. Unfortunately this guy doesn't know enough to tell them to get the hell out or show a warrant. But the important thing is 1) the search was not confined to the public watershed area, and 2) They didn't have permission or a warrant to be on PRIVATE PROPERTY. Just another in a long line of FBI Muckups and I for one am Sick of it! And the #2 Clown that had to retire over destroying documents relating to Ruby Ridge lives a couple of miles from me... :( I'll borrow a phrase from the kids: LOSER!

gunnar I am
12-15-2002, 06:13 PM
You may now be considered " a person of interest". :rolleyes:

David Tabor (sailordave)
12-15-2002, 06:38 PM
NO LIE!!! This is too weird. I went to the web site for the local paper, did a search for the local news article and read the two days worth of news and then my computer "locked up". Had to reboot and when I opened IE those pages weren't in the "history" tab! So I went BACK to the newspaper site, did another search using the same search terms and ..... it said "no articles found"

I sure am glad I'm not a paranoid individual, cuz that would have sent me running for the hills!!!

Paul Denison
12-15-2002, 08:22 PM
Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend?