PDA

View Full Version : Republican party gains AFTER election

alteran
12-14-2004, 08:36 PM
From Editor and Publisher.

Poll Shows GOP on the Move: More Ink to Follow?

By E&P Staff

Published: December 14, 2004 5:00 PM ET

NEW YORK A new Gallup poll shows that the public values “values” less than November exit polls suggested, but another survey from the same outfit released today shows a historic surge in Republican party affiliation.

In Gallup's latest poll this month, those identifying themselves as Republicans jumped to 37% of the public, with Democrats now clearly trailing with 32%.

Democrats have long held more party members than Republicans. During the Clinton years, the bulge was about 5% to 6%. As recently as late-October of this year the Democratic edge was 37% to 34%.

Gallup noted today: “Post-election shifts in partisanship after presidential elections or midterm congressional elections are not routine, but are also not uncommon.”

Another Gallup poll also released today showed that, contrary to many press reports, “values” ranked well behind the war in Iraq, terrorism and the economy as a prime concern of Americans.

E&P Staff

uncas
12-15-2004, 07:29 AM
Alteran!
It is not the number of people who are registered...either party...that counts, it is the number or percentage who actually vote.
I guess I don't pay a great deal of attention to figures relating to registered voters. Having run for County Comm. in the past, it is only the numbers on election day that count.
jamj

Elco's
12-15-2004, 08:41 AM
Thankyou Alteran for this reflection of what most have felt. The Dims continued ignorance is refreshing, may they NEVER wake to the reality but continue to drive away thier former party members with thier arrogance and ingnorance. Soon the Dims party will be known as "those immoral people".

alteran
12-15-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Elco's:
. Soon the Dims party will be known as "those immoral people".I'm waiting for the day it is known as a "fringe" party that gets less than 5% of the vote. smile.gif

uncas
12-15-2004, 08:46 AM
Elco's!
I do not think ignorance and arrogance are limited by party lines. There are some...both Rep. and Dems. out there that don't fit your criterea.

Victor
12-15-2004, 08:56 AM
Earthquakes and comets. Is this a cult or something? You guys are trying so hard to believe that the country will be Republican for the next millenia, I wonder if you really believe it yourself. Or is chronic war, massive deficits, rampant cronyism, antagonism toward the rest of the world, and contempt for those less better off than you some kind of mantra?

[ 12-15-2004, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Victor ]

uncas
12-15-2004, 09:07 AM
Victor...
It's the result...or outcome of Brave New World...
jamj

Meerkat
12-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Awaiting the jackboots and snazzy salute! :rolleyes: