PDA

View Full Version : Bill Mauldin

paladin
09-14-2004, 03:56 PM
This morning I wuz going through a box of "Treasures" that I keep for various reasons...among them was a book that I had forgotten about...Bill Mauldin's "Up Front" 1945 edition autographed in 1947....it was given as a gift to me in Vung Tao Vietnam in 1968. I had even forgotten pretty much the year that I vacationed there. Read the book for the umpteenth time, and what Bill wrote and illustrated then is still true today.

Shang
09-14-2004, 04:14 PM
http://www.edclicks.com/books/images/mauldin_cartoon.jpg

Kev Smyth
09-14-2004, 04:22 PM
As a guy with 20 years in the auto biz, that's always been one of my favorites! :D

Hughman
09-14-2004, 09:18 PM
He's a favorite here, too.

Mike DeHart
09-15-2004, 08:32 AM
Paladin, I also have a copy of Up Front that I picked up at an auction for a couple of bucks. However, a former owner tore out a few pages, probably his favorite cartoons. (Fortunately the jeep 'toon posted above is still there!) Would it be too much trouble to ask if you could scan a few pages and email them to me? If it is easier, would you be willing to copy the pages and mail them to me? I would like the book to be complete, even if it is not pristine in collector value. Thanks.

paladin
09-15-2004, 02:29 PM
be glad to copy some pages....give me an e-mail with your address and the missing page numbers...and if you figger out who tore out the pages...castrate the s.o.b. ......

edsr
09-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Hey Guys - Donn put me onto AbeBooks.com and they had a number of copies of Bill's books. They most likely can fix you up with a one or several of his books the price wasn't bad at all. Mauldin was the best.

edsr

paladin
09-15-2004, 08:00 PM
most likely very true...but I treasure an autographed 1st edition......along with Fred Remington...Ted Roosevelt, Ole Josh Slocum etc...anyone for Adolph Galland, Eric Hartmann, Gunther Rall........Luther S. Kelly, Luther Standing Bear...and others.....

Mike DeHart
09-16-2004, 07:55 AM
Paladin, thank you for the offer. Chech your inbox.