PDA

View Full Version : Candidate (WARNING:POLITICAL TRIPE)

km gresham
07-30-2004, 08:09 AM
Simple question:

Are you excited about your candidate or are you voting against the other guy?

Notice I don't name the candidates! ;)

Elco's
07-30-2004, 08:11 AM
I love Dubya! I feel safer on the streets of this large metropolitan city today then I did on September 12th 2001.

km gresham
07-30-2004, 08:14 AM
I'm excited about my candidate. smile.gif

SUE H
07-30-2004, 08:15 AM
I'm extremely excited about my candidate as well as his running partner.

LeeG
07-30-2004, 08:17 AM
are answers other than either/or acceptable?

High C
07-30-2004, 08:18 AM
I'm quite enthused about my candidate's foreign policy side of things, but not about his domestic spending side of things.

High C
07-30-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by LeeG:
are answers other than either/or acceptable?I'd guess neither/nor would be OK.

Mrleft8
07-30-2004, 08:48 AM
Yes.

Ian McColgin
07-30-2004, 09:04 AM
I've known Kerry rather distantly - I doubt he'd pick me out of a crowd - for over thirty years and am thoroughly used to his macho arrogance but also his thoughtful and reflective side.

I was sailing with one of my Republican activist friends the other day who described a meeting with Kerry in Worcester - some land use or development issue that would involve federal funds - and my friend was struck by how, unlike the local congressional reps and the other pols at the meeting who postured their rather vacuous positions, Kerry contented himself with asking good questions. Then he settled in to dilligently help the funding through Congress, for which team effort the Congressman claimed sole credit.

I like him for continuing to grow with the issues and not be stuck in old slogans.

I like him for the genuine work he's done to raise the living standards of our people in uniform and the benefits for our vets.

I like him for the long commitment, stretching back to the Iran-Contra hearings, to the real struggle against terrorism.

I like him for an inclusive and workable economic vision.

I like him for staying fit as a windsurfer and wooden boat sailor.

I like him for having the courage to marry the ever remarkable Theresa.

And finally, last night showed that I can like him for finally becoming a competant speach giver.

Keith Wilson
07-30-2004, 09:12 AM
I started out against the other guy. Mr. Bush's narrow reactionary ideology and spectacular incompetence has almost turned me into an old-style yellow-dog Democrat (well, not Sharpton, Bush isn't that bad), but as I've found out more about Kerry I like him more, and I'm approaching enthusiastic.

I like him for having the courage to marry the ever remarkable Theresa.
Damn tootin'! As one who married a highly intelligent, very intense, and extremely opinionated woman, I can appreciate that.

[ 07-30-2004, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Keith Wilson ]

ljb5
07-30-2004, 04:11 PM
I'm excited about my candidate.

He is smart and curious and plays hockey and sails.

Wild Dingo
07-31-2004, 06:25 AM
You get EXCITED and Enthused by your political swill suckers up there? Sorry man you blokes and sheilas just gotta get a life! tongue.gif

I get excited by me missus and hoons
I get excited by a fine boat
I get excited by a great motorbike
The possibility of sex in the morning and night excites me!! :D

I get enthused by life
I get enthused by watching people enjoy life
I get enthused by something wonderfull
I get enthused by something exciting thats happening to me my family or friends

BUT!!... Excited and enthused by politicians??? get real you have to be joking!!!... bloody blood suckers at the public trough is all they are power hungry megawealthy meglomaniacs who dont give a flying purple rats ass about you the country or the world as a whole... show ponies who lie to get your vote lie while in power and lie to remain there :mad:

Excited and enthused by political candidates??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :D thats the greatest oxymoron Ive heard in years thanks Marshmellow I needed a good laugh and smile :D

km gresham
07-31-2004, 07:28 AM
;) anytime, Dingo. smile.gif

Wild Dingo
07-31-2004, 07:38 AM
;) Your a real gem me dear! :cool:

imported_Dutch
07-31-2004, 07:47 AM
I'm so excited by my candidate that I have to make a special trip to my urologist, if you know what I mean. smile.gif