Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rosebud
    • Mar 2002

Buy nothing Month

For many years there has been a group advocating to buy nothing the day after Thanksgiving. We are so annoyed by Christmas carols in October that we are thinking maybe it sould be "BUY NOTHING MONTH." Is this feasible, and can it be done? Will it deter Christmas marketing next year? Any thoughts on this matter?
    Jim and Kim
  • Phil Young
    • Jan 2000

You should read John Grisham's book, something like The Year We Cancelled Christmas

Comment

• Gary Bergman
      Senior Scallywag
      • Apr 2000

The world's kinda lamed out with tension, and this is buggin' you? I'm fairly anticommercial,but, they don't make ya go shopping, it's their turf,buy earplugs
      At Sea Aboard Royaliste

Comment

• Art Read
        • Jan 2000

"Skipping Christmas" Absolutely hilarious!

Comment

• Chris Coose
          • Sep 2001

Not a lot to buy in Bucksport any time of yeeah.

(sorry couldn't help myself, having had Ellsworth as our hub for 18 shopping years)
          Study Peace

Comment

• Concordia..41
            • Mar 2002

As someone who religiously boycots Wal-Mart, AOL, and every other power who seems bent on taking over the world, I love it. Seriously!

I doubt it'll catch on - pity the guy trying to explain that one to his kids, but I like it.

- Margo

BTW - check your private messages
            - M<br /><a href=\"http://www.sailingwithsarah.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.sailingwithsarah.com</a>

Comment

Working...