PDA

View Full Version : Tolerance is a dirty word

ishmael
12-06-2005, 10:19 AM
One must not merely tolerate another, one must embrace them and all they do.

One must not tolerate homosexuallity as the aberation it is, one must embrace homosexuals as part of the norm.

One must not tolerate substandard performance in the name of diversity and affirmative action, one must embrace it.

One must not tolerate torture, one must make it a part of one's psyche, really understand it.

One must not tolerate a sibling who steals, you must make excuses for them, say it wasn't really their fault.

One must not tolerate that people are wrong-doers by nature, let's embrace them, no matter how bad.

Is this Jesus' teaching? The teaching of the sages in all times, in all places?

LeeG
12-06-2005, 10:30 AM
life is suffering,,embrace it.

a penny saved is a penny earned.

look before you leap.

Don't forget to turn off the waffle iron.

Cuyahoga Chuck
12-06-2005, 10:33 AM
I guess he's bailing out of the gas chamber thread. Wish he's of done it sooner.
Is "library card" a dirty word?

[ 12-06-2005, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Cuyahoga Chuck ]

Tristan
12-06-2005, 10:47 AM
How about, "Live and let live," "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." But remember that you are entitled to protect your body, your family, your home, your boat(s) and your other posessions. It them f--k with you f--k back, faster, harder, and definitively). :D :D :D

George Roberts
12-06-2005, 10:50 AM
I hugged a homsexual, he got the wrong idea.

I tortured a neighbor, he got the wrong idea.

Sometimes embracing an idea is not desirable. smile.gif

Wild Dingo
12-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Sigh... whats with all this tolerance stuff tonight?? you all feelin a widdle bit unwubbed? :D

Originally posted by ishmael:
One must not merely tolerate another, one must embrace them and all they do. (No way! I will not embrace some people some people disgust me appal me and therefore are unworthy of my hugs!)

One must not tolerate homosexuallity as the aberation it is, one must embrace homosexuals as part of the norm. {I will not embrace a poof its not in my nature!! shake hands no worries but hug? No way! far worse than huggin trees or eating bree}

One must not tolerate substandard performance in the name of diversity and affirmative action, one must embrace it. {Why? substandard if the best given is the standard accepted and should therefore be accepted}

One must not tolerate torture, one must make it a part of one's psyche, really understand it. {Make torture a part of ones psyche??? Now I know youve lost the plot mate!}

One must not tolerate a sibling who steals, you must make excuses for them, say it wasn't really their fault. (Bullshyte! Do the crime sport do the time admit fault admit guilt and face the piper)

One must not tolerate that people are wrong-doers by nature, let's embrace them, no matter how bad. (You would embrace a Charlie Manson? A Dahmer? or any number of purely evil bastards? You really REALLY have lost the plot Jack)

Is this Jesus' teaching? The teaching of the sages in all times, in all places?Who knows!! It could even be your teachings or musings even your mate Jung or Freud they were just as bent in the head department... But no matter whoever said it they really do need help

Keith Wilson
12-06-2005, 10:59 AM
I hugged a homsexual, he got the wrong idea.
I tortured a neighbor, he got the wrong idea.
:D :D

Jack, I dont know what planet you're living on, but I don't think it's the same one as me.

ishmael
12-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Well, Keith, I'm afraid it's true, we're on the same planet.

ishmael
12-06-2005, 11:08 AM
Wild Geese

You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.
Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.
Meanwhile the world goes on.
Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain
are moving across the landscapes,
over the prairies and the deep trees,
the mountains and the rivers.
Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air,
are heading home again.
Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting--
over and over announcing your place
in the family of things.

Oliver

See, Keith, we believe in the same things, just from different directions, sometimes.

Meerkat
12-06-2005, 11:16 AM
This from a guy who's focused on the 92% of his genes that came from hummingbirds...

A little too much sugar on the cornflakes, Jack? :D

Cuyahoga Chuck
12-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Hot doggerel!

Keith Wilson
12-06-2005, 11:53 AM
Ah, Jack, that's better! Here's another one for you:

First Lesson
by Phillip Booth

Lie back, daughter, let your head
be tipped back in the cup of my hand.
Gently, and I will hold you. Spread
your arms wide, like out on the stream
and look high at the gulls. A dead-
mans's-float is face down. You will dive
and swim soon enough where this tidewater
ebbs to the sea. Daughter, believe
me, when you tire on the long thrash
to your island, lie up, and survive.
As you float now, where I held you
and let go, remember when fear
cramps your heart what I told you:
lie gently and wide to the light-year
stars, lie back, and the sea will hold you.

LeeG
12-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by ishmael:
Well, Keith, I'm afraid it's true, we're on the same planet.Dismissing the meaning by making a fetish of the word. Not the same planet at all.

Meerkat
12-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Hug a homosexual and there might be a little misunderstanding, perhaps a little indignity.

Torture your neighbor and you'd really better watch your back! :D

[ 12-06-2005, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Meerkat ]