PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Memphis Mike... a question about the king!

Wild Dingo
04-08-2002, 04:12 AM
Mike Ive been thinking again... yeah yeah bad move I know... but anyway we've been thinking that maybe in the new year we may try to head over that way for a holiday of sorts... Always wanted to visit and well soon is probably better than later... anyhow being in Memphis as you be... Gracelands is there isnt it?... Is it difficult to get in to visit or easy?... Always wanted to see how the King lived... What other sites of interest is there to sticky beak at?

Take it easy
Shane

Sam F
04-08-2002, 07:57 AM
Shane, A few years ago when coming back from Oklahoma (and on a tight budget) we stayed at a campground near Memphis. Early in the morning I headed out in search of a Pigglie Wigglie. There I am scooting along when I noticed a HUGE jet airplane parked beside the road with another smaller plane beside it. This was obviously a residential/commercial area and I was wondering how on earth these planes got there and why, when immediately on my left there was GRACELAND! Turns out that the planes had belonged to Elvis and were part of the tour. Graceland was surprising for it's modest scale. I see lots of much larger McMansions in Northern VA. Luckily for me the object of my search, a grocery store, was just across the street from Graceland. That's a close as I got (having practically no interest in Elvis) but I'd say it was very accessible.

NormMessinger
04-11-2002, 10:40 AM
Why? :rolleyes:

--Norm

Wild Dingo
04-11-2002, 11:46 AM
Why Norm?

I dont know... I just liked the guys singing style and he was cool in his way... to my mind one of the best.

I can remember as a kid of about 5 or 6 standing on the front porch with a tennis raquet in hand and swingin me hips singing "love me tender" and acting just like Elvis on stage slick back duck tail hairdo and all... what can I say mum loved Elvis! Wasnt me!!! not at all!!

Didnt think much of his movies except one where he didnt sing!! broken arrow I think it was called something like that he played an indian and died in the end good movie havent seen it in ages.

I dont know you folks all live in mansions doncha?? well thats what the idiot box teaches us downunderites! :D

Take it easy
Shane

The Sea Slug
06-24-2004, 07:30 AM
I wonder why good old M Mike never answered? Was he into the Drongo at the time?

Memphis Mike
06-24-2004, 07:50 AM
I answered the Dingo off forum Barry. :D