PDA

View Full Version : An Observation

Memphis Mike
03-25-2003, 11:48 AM
From a lurker that I'm close to. I'll be the first to admit my guilt.

" I occasionally log on to the boat forum to see what my brother in law is up to. Usually it is my laugh of the day because they sound like a bunch of old boater buddies sitting at the dock with a beer and exchanging stories. The last time I was shocked. It was like mad dogs and so hateful. Really hateful. And these were people who were friends. You have to wonder about the ones who are on that forum from other countries."

Wild Dingo
03-25-2003, 11:57 AM
aaaww now that hurt Mike! :(

You have to wonder about the ones who are on that forum from other countries." Whats ta wonder mate? Im still the same crazy mad wild buggar Ive always been... aint got an enemy on the board that I know of and take no one apart unless provoked beyond reason which is pretty hard to do nowadays... taken some sage advice and now pretend to be a duck in water... you know let it just flow off...

Anyways... Ive seen some pretty ****e things happen on the board at times... mmmmm sounds similar to errr life eh?

Dont worry Mike Im still yer mate!! tongue.gif

Memphis Mike
03-25-2003, 12:03 PM
In her statement Shane, I think she means ya have to wonder what people in other countries think about all this infighting.

Mr. Know It All
03-25-2003, 12:21 PM
It's the overall stress level Mike. These are hard times for all of us. We should be able to talk about things, without it coming to blows. Good thing this is a forum not a bar. Emotions are high. I'm doing my best to stay positive,right now it's all I can do. smile.gif
Peace---> Kevin in Ohio

Memphis Mike
03-25-2003, 05:12 PM
Yep, one of the problems I think Kevin is that all mediums are being used. It's hard to escape.
Well anyhow the radio, TV, newspaper and here.

I guess if you wanted to become an escapist? {sp?}

ishmael
03-25-2003, 05:45 PM
It's the overall stress level Mike. These are hard times for all of us. Aye. Those who profess a generous heart would do well to engage it now. All of us are in this war.

Wild Dingo
03-25-2003, 11:04 PM
aaahhh Mike... maybe you should offer to take her away from all this rabble and stress to a brighter place where life is beautiful all the time... oooohh that was a song wasnt it! flamin eck Shane!!

Now I gets yer matey!... well suggestion for her if I may? during the day turn it all... OFF!!... I have nothing else going no idiot box no radio and just this in the corner which I come and go from as the mood hits... I watch the news in the evening and go through the headlines on google when I get back after the hoons buggar of to bed at night... and thats it!

That seems to be the biggest problem of all... tooo much information!!!