PDA

View Full Version : Canadians Club Babies

Fooler
04-12-2004, 12:05 AM
These guys are sick. :( :eek: :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3618901.stm

Dutch.Rub
04-12-2004, 12:39 AM
...some folks will justify anything for a few bucks...human kind is not...and that will be our ending...

Wild Wassa
04-12-2004, 01:27 AM
So the US kills 400 humans; woman, old people and children, ... and calls them all Fallujah insurgents.

It appears as though this style of inhumane slaughter is spreading.

Warren.

ps, It must be a North American thing.

[ 04-12-2004, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Wild Wassa ]

Fooler
04-12-2004, 01:49 AM
Thanks you for those wise words, Wild-Wanger. Tell us about this.

IS AUSTRALIA THE LAST BASTION OF RACISM IN THE DEVELOPED WORLD?

On the 10th of November 2001 the conservative led Liberal-Coalition Howard Govt went to the polls after an election campaign which historians will record as a victory on the back of racism and fear. The Howard Govt won the election after a campaign which has been universally condemned as racist by many prominent Australians, the United Nations and the international media. In true conservative style the Govt. milked Australians xenophobia and historically held racist paranoia.

Let us examine Australia's recent election, it's history on race relations and the long abhorrent treatment of it's indigenous peoples the Aborigines.

This week Jan 2002 the UN High Commission for refugees sent a special representative to hear Australia's defence on alleged breaches to the 1951 Geneva Convention which sets out certain standards for the treatment of refugees. When refugees arrive in Australia they are either imprisoned in detention centres or balloted off to other South Pacific countries for processing.

Australia is the only developed country whose government has been condemned as racist by the United Nations : 13 Oct 2000

http://www.country-liberal-party.com/pages/interpret_p10a.htm

UN and Kofi Anan blasts Australia over asylum ship: Sept 2.2001

http://iafrica.com/news/worldnews/792500.htm

Australia rejects UN racism report.25 March 01

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/asia-pacific/newsid_690000/690213.stm

Amnesty International accuses Australia of violating UN convention: 29 Aug 2001

http://www.rte.ie/news/2001/0829/australia.html

http://www.amnesty.org.au/airesources/index-73.html

Prime Minister Howard's Falklands war: 14 Sept 2001

http://workers.labor.net.au/111/c_historicalfeature_tampa.html

Howard Govt wins election playing the race card: 10 Nov 2001

Fooler
04-12-2004, 01:52 AM
Sounds like Australia is full of Wild-Wankn hypocrets.

NT Labor continue traditional Dry season racism (Part 1)

15 April, 2003

In the Northern territory, the Dry season is heralded by the emergence of dragonflies, the arrival of European back-packers and the campaign to remove Aboriginal people from public view.

Aboriginal people who have escaped from their remote Communities - described as "dysfunctional" by ex-Country Liberal Party leader Shane Stone and (more recently) by NT Labor's Community Development Minister John Ah Kit - find themselves pressured to return.

Today the NT News has headlines that blare GO HOME and an article on a financially lucrative arrangement between some local Aboriginal people the Larrakia, Ah Kit and the Labor government. Essentially a plan to remove 'itinerants' (Territory-speak for Aboriginal people who choose to live traditionally) has been given a politically-correct fillip by the use of some of the less 'traditional', but far wealthier Larrakians.

In fact $500,000 has been provided by the Labor government to set up a "Larrakia Hosts" programme to assist the Larrakia in sending their poorer bretheren back to the reservations, built by Europeans to contain them.

The article also explains how elders from communities such as Milingimbi, Oenpelli, Ngukurr, Maningrida and Wadeye will be flown to Darwin to tell "itinerants" to go home. The article does not explain why the Aboriginal people in Darwin, from these communities would heed these requests.

I have been told -- (due my anti-racism activities) -- to leave Darwin constantly by NT Police, assorted racists and even by a Police Prosecutor (during a trial) on one memorable occasion, but I'm still here.

I do not believe Aboriginal people have less rights than myself, in deciding where they want to live.

Wild Wassa
04-12-2004, 01:53 AM
Fooler, if you had read any of my posts, you and I would be soul Mates.

Make no bones about it my old Mate, the current Australia Government is truely evil. It is one of the most evil, mean spirited, racist governments on the planet. I totally agree with you.

Warren.

Meerkat
04-12-2004, 01:57 AM
Don't agree with him Wassa - he won't be able to squeeze his adrenal gland if you do! ;)

Fooler
04-12-2004, 02:08 AM
Its always good to hear from a gland squeezng exspurt. :cool:

widsith
04-12-2004, 06:19 AM
Oh yeah,I was particularly impressed when Howard mentioned that one of the reasons he was turning back the boat load of alledged refugees was that he thought it grossly unfair that the good citizens of Australia should be burdened with providing these alledged refugees with a standard of living far greater then the one they are accustomed to and that if they wished to live in Australia,then they should simply apply through normal channels for immigrant status.I can only dream that our own prime minister has even half the testicle to apply the same reasoning for the river of"refugees" flowing into this country.Charity begins at home!

Widsith

Joe (SoCal)
04-12-2004, 07:19 AM
Member # 7626 From: True Grit, The South

Do not let this True TROLL Fooler you. redface.gif

stan v
04-12-2004, 07:20 AM
Good morning True Grit! :D

JimD
04-12-2004, 08:33 AM
As has been mentioned before 'Fooler' is member 7626, Dutch is 7627. They must be pals. :rolleyes:

Dutch.Rub
04-12-2004, 09:54 AM
...I dont know the fellar....but he has a way dont he?....

mmd
04-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Nice title, Fooler. Worded to engender reasoned conversation, eh? Allow me to muddy the debate a bit by providing links to other viewpoints:

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/canadaeuropa/sealsfacts.pdf

http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/media/newsrel/2003/hq-ac17_e.htm

In closing, I'd like to suggest to all those who are horrified by the seal hunt to look closely at the methods and conditions in which your next meal of beef, pork, veal, or poultry was raised an slaughtered. To make your search for information on the politically correct and benign method of supplying you with bacon, read this:

http://www.viva.org.uk/Viva!%20Campaigns/Slaughter/std6.htm

Bon appetit.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
04-12-2004, 12:02 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Keith Wilson
04-12-2004, 12:08 PM
Will someone explain to me the moral difference between killing a seal for fur and killing a cow for food? AFAIK, these seals are in no way endangered, or even scarce, although they are cute.

Dutch.Rub
04-12-2004, 12:22 PM
...I eat no meat so I dont eatdecaying animal parts...however you have to eat to live...you dont have to wear furs...

JimD
04-12-2004, 12:29 PM
however you have to eat to live...you dont have to wear furs... Yes, a good point. The article says fur is back in fashion. I'm not sure who with. Brainless wealth flaunting idiots I presume. Get rid of the market for fur and the hunt would go away with it. However, seal hunting might still make sense for other reasons.

Fooler
04-12-2004, 12:33 PM
Yup, Im the grit in yer craw. So what. If yur gonna condem the USA maybe ya should clean yur own pasture first?

JimD
04-12-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Fooler:
Yup, Im the grit in yer craw. So what. If yur gonna condem the USA maybe ya should clean yur own pasture first?Sure, that's fine as far as it goes, but are you the TRUE grit in his craw? :D

Keith Wilson
04-12-2004, 12:51 PM
...I eat no meat so I dont eatdecaying animal parts...however you have to eat to live...you dont have to wear furs... As you've demonstrated, you don't have to eat meat to live. Both meat and fur are voluntary. Again, is there any moral difference between turning a cow into hamburger and turning a seal into a fur coat?

Oh - just looked again - this is one of those silly right-wing "Bash Canada at any pretext because they don't support our war in Iraq" threads. :rolleyes: ( Not you, Dutch, but "Fooler/True Grit" whatever his name is.) Gentlemen, if we treat our friends this badly for such dubious reasons, eventually we may not have any.

[ 04-12-2004, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: Keith Wilson ]

mmd
04-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Let's make a deal ... you help get the USA folks to stop hunting deer for sport and I'll help get the Canadians to stop hunting seals for fur. Seems to be a reasonable trade-off - after all, both critters are not needed for food, are cute when young, are not an endangered species, and are becoming overpopulated in their respective ecological niche.

Paul Pless
04-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Does this mean if I were to travel to Ontario, I would be able to pick up a good Seal Skin Slicker if I wanted to?

mmd
04-12-2004, 02:06 PM
Probably not a slicker, but you could buy your mistress this:

http://www.sealers.nf.ca/product/fash1.jpg

..or get yourself a good-looking, soft-but-tough briefcase:

http://www.sealers.nf.ca/product/bags.jpg

JimD
04-12-2004, 02:09 PM
Say, that coat would look nice with alligator boots!

Paul Pless
04-12-2004, 02:11 PM
I've read some stories freom old Norwegian and German sailors, and it seems they had the highest of praise for seal skin boots and outer wear.

[ 04-12-2004, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Paul Pless ]

mmd
04-12-2004, 02:34 PM
Lightweight, waterproof, warm, supple, long-wearing ... what else could you ask for in a winter outerwear material?

Allen Foote
04-12-2004, 03:01 PM
So...which guy on that boat is peter malcolm Jardine?

Peter Malcolm Jardine
04-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Never participated in the Seal Hunt, but I have lots of distant relations down east that probably have. The seal hunt has significant history up here, and the methods have changed. Since the world has depleted a lot of the Seal's natural enemies, we now have to hunt to control the population. I agree with a change in methods, and a cull for population. ;)

Here is a little song that shows the other side of the hunt. The year was 1911. As an old sailor said to Farley Mowat one time "We don't be taking our living from the sea... We wheedles it away bit by bit.

The Southern Cross

She got up steam the 12th of March
and shortly did embark
to try her fortunes in the Gulf
in charge of Captain Clark
She carried a hundred and seventy men
a strong and vigorous race
some from St John's and Brigus
and more from Harbour Grace.

She reached the Gulf in early March
the whitecoats for to slew
when seventeen thousand prime young harps
killed by her hearty crew
all safely panned and stowed below
with colors waving gay
The Southern Cross did leave the ice
bound up for home that day.

The last of March the storm came on
with blinding snow and sleet
The "Portia" bound for western ports
the Southern Cross did meet
When Captain Connor from the bridge
he saw the ship that day
and thinkin she would shelter
up in St Marys Bay.

St Mary's Bay she never reached
as news came out next morn.
She must have spent all night at sea
out in that dreadful storm.
with no sign of the Southern Cross
now twenty days or more
to say she reached a harbor
up on the eastern shore

The SS Kyle was soon dispatched
to search the ocean round
but no trace of the missing ship
could anywhere be found
She searched Cape Race and every place
until she reached Cape Pine
but of the ship or wrecking
the Captain saw no sign.

With no word from the Southern Cross
She now is overdue
We hope please God she'll soon appear
with all her hearty crew
We put our trust in providence
and faith in him on high
to bring the Southern Cross safe home
and fill sad hearts with joy.

Now things do happen for the best
and when they're called away
the brave men on the Southern Cross
out in the storm that day
We trust they reached that heavenly land
and rest with him on high
Where woes and sorrows are forgot-
and all is peace and joy.

Allen Foote
04-12-2004, 07:00 PM
Farley Mowat...isn't he known as "hardly knowit"
buhmkin...take notes.

Peter....if you ever visit the US...after all of your anti American hatefilled posts on here, I hope you get mugged. That would make for a nice "sovienere memory" from the country you dispise soooo much.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
04-12-2004, 07:01 PM
I've had fellas try to mug me before Allen ;)

The last time it was successful was in Little Current Ontario, when seven Indian boys stopped in the main street at ten pm and asked me for all my money. I was 14. I gave it to them... All nine dollars. I figured I could maybe outfight three, out run five, but seven... Nope.. was gonna get pounded :D

Yep, Farley Mowat, internationally known writer, that's him ;)

[ 04-12-2004, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Peter Malcolm Jardine ]

J. Wellington Wimpy
04-12-2004, 07:31 PM
don't like veal?? nor leather shoes?? http://new.heimat.de/home/zankov/performances/agony/heads2.jpg

them Romans were a real hoot.

[ 04-12-2004, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: J. Wellington Wimpy ]

Peter Malcolm Jardine
04-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Now calm down Donn, you know what talk like that does to your blood pressure. Joe and I have talked and we don't want to do nuffin to hurt ya. tongue.gif :D Have a good Easter?

J. Wellington Wimpy
04-12-2004, 07:39 PM
ahack cack wheezz...

whatzat abot some (skkzzkx) seals??

http://www.moonglade.com/~devin/images/la_smog.jpg

Peter Malcolm Jardine
04-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Actually I might well just concentrate on mouthing off to Foote and Stan. No need to really spread it around any more. It's starting to bore even me. I am going back to the theory that the world is going to hell in a handbasket and that probably I only have influence in a very small section of the sphere. Besides, spring is coming and I have a boat to get ready. I'm thinking of selling it actually.

I haven't been in the US since I went to Ohio and picked up that engine block. I haven't bought anything south either. If I'm going to be critical, I should practice what I preach I figure. I'd love to come to Newport, but that would be hypocritical too.

[ 04-12-2004, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Peter Malcolm Jardine ]