I'm gonna miss this old Gateway. :(

Now, if she'll just get me the shop vac
I want and the Navy Pea Coat and the
new rechargable drill.......... :D

[ 12-11-2002, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Memphis Mike ]

Bruce Taylor
12-11-2002, 06:39 PM
Ya!

I know what I'm getting, 'cause I bought it already. Cost me $14.95, and I can't wait to open it.

Memphis Mike
12-11-2002, 06:53 PM
So, do ya think it's a good one Donn?
I'm an operator. I don't know much about
these darn things.

rodcross
12-11-2002, 06:58 PM
"Now, if she'll just get me the shop vac
new rechargable drill.........."

Don't push your luck, Mike. My guess is you're lucky you still have all your fingers and toes. I saw 'The Look'. Freeze you in your tracks.

Memphis Mike
12-11-2002, 07:34 PM
I'm hoping it has a modem. I haven't even
opened the box yet. This one is a Gateway

Memphis Mike
12-11-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by rodcross:
"Now, if she'll just get me the shop vac
new rechargable drill.........."

Don't push your luck, Mike. My guess is you're lucky you still have all your fingers and toes. I saw 'The Look'. Freeze you in your tracks.MAN! I hate that drawing! :mad:

Memphis Mike
12-11-2002, 10:24 PM
HEY DONN! Will the 56K modem from this
Gateway work in the Dell?

NormMessinger
12-11-2002, 10:40 PM
Your wife gives you a Christmas gift and you ask us if it is a good one? Mike mike mike.

The modem you have will work fine with the new one until you give up on dial up and go to a cable modem.

--Norm

Mike H.
12-11-2002, 11:57 PM
thank you, Norm! smile.gif
And Rodcross, I agree, that "look" could kill! I was really PO'ed at Mike when I drew that, and it's just how I looked. I e-mailed it to my daughter, and she confirmed: that is THE look!
:eek:
OK, to try to redeem myself, here's another self-portrait I did this semester, in a very happy mood!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid41/p6bc5117865b65f083505b1ada217ecdf/fcf7c245.jpg
I can't wait to get the Dell up and running! He's getting Christmas early this year.

Shang
12-12-2002, 01:39 AM
Speaking as an Art Teacher, Sue H gets an "A" for the self-portrait!

About Xmas...Santa is bringing me a set of wooden boat plans ('soon as Santa figures out why WB Store doesn't take American Express)!
I've been a good boy...well...sorta...

Wild Wassa
12-12-2002, 01:51 AM
Memphis, don't you go playing Flashpoint multiplayer with your new computer ... you might meet me.

I hope your computer runs better than mine, Sir.

Sue H, how many drawings would you need to have, for your Nation's Gallery to take an interest, 1,000? ... plus influence. I'll remind you in 30 years from now, ... if I may be so bold. I like your drawings.

Shang, your job sounds like the sort of profession that I would like. Sculpting hulls, smile.gif , that's art. Teach more Art.

Warren.

[ 12-12-2002, 01:59 AM: Message edited by: Wild Wassa ]

ishmael
12-12-2002, 01:53 AM
Sue,

As you've been told (but it never hurts to hear it again) you are gifted. Keep after it!

Don't let the gift go to your head. Just stay with the vision.

One of the finest poets of the last hundred years IMO, Ranier Maria Rilke, said of his few dozen masterpieces, "I was only the scribe."

Jack

Dave Fleming
12-12-2002, 02:01 AM
Not to hijack the thread O&O Wannbie and dear Sue.
And O&O Wannbie thank Sue and enjoy the computer.

Pea Coat????? I hated that damn thing! Tight in the arm pits, tight across the gut( and I was much lighter then too) heavy as hell and more so when it got wet and then it stank as only wool can. Got to LL Bean or Cabella's and look at some nice coats. Filson has some good stuff too.

But, Jack since you seem to read a bit of poetry, who wrote this?
"Ideas have consequences."

ishmael
12-12-2002, 02:02 AM
hey warren, for what ever reason I'm awake, let's e-mail. You start.

I dunno Dave, sounds like God to me.

Okay, maybe we'll stay here.

So what did you mean Dave? My understanding was that Sue was formally studying art. I see real talent, and offered what so few of us have had: permission.

Not like it's mine to give or take, but most feel bereft nonetheless.

[ 12-12-2002, 02:34 AM: Message edited by: ishmael ]

Wild Wassa
12-12-2002, 04:13 AM
Ish, the email I sent you, should send you to sleep, :D .

As a student Jack, don't you need extra sleep, to keep on the ball ? Then sleep well Brother.

Warren.

ps, Who else needs a soporific email?

[ 12-12-2002, 04:18 AM: Message edited by: Wild Wassa ]

Mike H.
12-12-2002, 09:40 AM
Thanks Shang, Wassa, Ish and Dave! (sounds like a rock band)
And speaking of talent, Shang, I'd love to see more of your work! And Wassa, Mike tells me you're an artist, too?
Ish, no prob, ask Mike sometime how critical I am of my own work. And when I do something good, I'm always in awe of where it came from. Don't worry: I know who gives us our gifts! :D
Mike won't let me tear into the Dell yet. He wants to get in here and rabble-rouse a bit before I crash everything! ;)
(if that happens, he'll be giving ME "the look" :eek: )
(He's not getting that ol' pea coat from me, O&O West ;) )

Dave Fleming
12-12-2002, 09:52 AM
As is not too unusual for me, my words came across badly Jack. :confused:

I was not referring to Sue's nicely done self portrait with the Howard Nemaroff quotation just threw it out there to see if you had also read anything bye him, is all.

PAX

ishmael
12-12-2002, 09:58 AM
Dave,

Oh. It ain't you so much as the medium, methinks. And don't we all know it atimes.

:cool:

Jack

Shang
12-12-2002, 10:23 AM
"...Thanks Shang, Wassa, Ish and Dave! (sounds like a rock band)..." --SueH

I like it !
It beats the name we've been using for the band ("Skankie Doodle and the Skankettes").
We still need a lead guitar and a vocalist--what are you and MMike doing for the next few months...?
Now if we can just get Ish to spike his hair...

Memphis Mike
12-12-2002, 03:03 PM
****E!!!!!!!!!!!!! This thing is Fast!
I be cruisin, runnin with the BIG DOGS
now! Yeah, that's right. :D

I got me 18,000kb RAM!

[ 12-12-2002, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Memphis Mike ]