PDA

View Full Version : Independent Counsel Investigation Draws to a Close

ljb5
10-25-2005, 03:54 PM
No, not Karl, Scooter and Plame....

Henry Cisneros (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/24/AR2005102402139.html)

Does anyone remember Henry Cisneros?

This is for all those neocons so they can know what a real partisan witch-hunt is.

ccmanuals
10-25-2005, 05:30 PM
amazing, they actually spent 21 million dollars trying to make a case against this guy.

I was stationed in SanAntonio back in the 80's when he was the mayor there. Talk about a popular guy, the citizens there would have elected him Pope if the could have.

brad9798
10-25-2005, 06:09 PM
Wasting 21m on him was the real crime!!!

ljb5
10-25-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by ccmanuals:
amazing, they actually spent 21 million dollars trying to make a case against this guy.That's after he confessed, paid a fine and received a presidential pardon.

(Does anyone have the slightest idea what Mlke's talking about? He's posting gibberish about some other topic.)

Nicholas Carey
10-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by ccmanuals:
amazing, they actually spent 21 million dollars trying to make a case against this guy.More amazing is the $40+ million spent trying to take Clinton down over a consensual blowjob between adults. :rolleyes:

ljb5
10-25-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by MIke:
folks worry about 21 million selectively, and then waste hundreds of millions on failures and such a miserable failure, trying to unseat what they think is a miserable failure.Mlke, what you need to understand is that the $21 million spent investigating Cisneros was taxpayer money.

I couldn't possibly care less how people spend their own money -- if they want to donate to the RNC or MoveOn or whatever ---

But how the government spends our money is our business.

But it's not just about the money. It's about the politics of government and persecution.

MoveOn cannot violate people's rights. It cannot incarcerate anyone. It cannot compel testimony, subpoena witnesses, file criminal charges, or seize documents and property.

If MoveOn wants to waste their time and money, that's their own business.

If the government pursues a man long after he's confessed, paid the fine and received a presidential pardon, that's our business.

Today, you really proved yourself to be an idiot. If you can't figure out the difference between a decade-long government investigation and a campaign by a private group, you are much, much dumber than I thought.

[ 10-25-2005, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: ljb5 ]

ljb5
10-25-2005, 09:13 PM
Lure in?

It's my friggin' thread!

Meerkat
10-25-2005, 09:17 PM
MIke's the kind of guy that will make us remember Stalin for a long time to come! :rolleyes:

skuthorp
10-25-2005, 09:46 PM
Well Mike, if Rove and Liddy(?) -where do I remember that name from? - get charged and convicted then your boy can resign early and pardon them. BTW, where does that behavior leave the separation of powers, or is'nt there any such thing in your constitution?

Nicholas Carey
10-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Yes Nicholas, it was just about a bj. :eek: I know that you are smarter than that. Funny, folks worry about 21 million selectively…That's exactly my point. You're complaining about $21m wasted on one pointless (especially pointless since the target was immune from prosecution) "investigation", whilst you're perfectly OK with wasting more than twice that investigating something that wasn't a crime.

ljb5
10-25-2005, 11:47 PM
Well, the only people that have filed charges and convicted anyone has been the primetime media.Give them time. They're only two years into it.

If the Republicans were doing this investigation, they'd still have another eight years to go.