PDA

View Full Version : Bilge Related Events I'd Like to See or Make Happen...

MJC
02-23-2005, 11:20 AM
I'd like to...

Be their server when Alteran and Katherine go on their first date.

Arrange to pay Dingo so he could quit his job and be a permanent Forum correspondent.

Visit with Dutch (is he really back as Neville?) and meet the love of his life when I go to Orlando in mid-March.

Get Wayne out of the Swamp and go for a sail in Elizabeth Grace.

Send Jack a dog via FedEx.

Convince Sam F that evolution is a fact.

Just some initial thoughts, don't mean to leave anybody out. I'm sure you all will help me think of more.

Phillip Allen
02-23-2005, 11:27 AM
ME, ME, ME...don't I get to be something! PULEEEZE!!!

lj...I mean Phillip

Joe (SoCal)
02-23-2005, 11:32 AM
Whuuuuuuuuuuu nuten fer me? :D

huisjen
02-23-2005, 12:13 PM
For Joe, (and the cobbler's children have no shoes) there should be a house in good repair inside and out, on a solid foundation, with a properly engineered driveway that goes all the way out to the road.

Dan

Keith Wilson
02-23-2005, 12:24 PM
Convince Sam F that evolution is a fact.Whaddaya think we've been trying to do for the past 213,912 posts?

http://www.g2partners.com/Pig3.jpg

:D :D

Katherine
02-23-2005, 09:35 PM
Hey, I made top of the list. tongue.gif

Wild Dingo
02-24-2005, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by MJC:
I'd like to...

Arrange to pay Dingo so he could quit his job and be a permanent Forum correspondent.

I'm sure you all will help me think of more.Nope thats good enough mate :cool: ... so when yer winnin lotto let me know eh? gawd Id love to retire an just write... ah well dreams dream dreams eh ;)

skuthorp
02-24-2005, 03:51 AM
Keith, let's face it, even if you did convince him he wouldn't tell you. He's been having too much fun!
:D

Alan D. Hyde
02-24-2005, 09:34 AM
We could maroon ljb5 on a desert island with Ann Coulter, and hide a some webcams--- linked to this forum--- here and there.

It might be amusing to watch, for those with strong stomachs.

Who knows, in the long run feminine charm and right reason might prevail over ignorance and prejudice... :D

Alan

[ 02-24-2005, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Alan D. Hyde ]

Keith Wilson
02-24-2005, 10:09 AM
My goodness, does ljb5 have feminine charm? Who would have imagined?

[ 02-24-2005, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: Keith Wilson ]

Alan D. Hyde
02-24-2005, 10:12 AM
:D :D

Alan

uncas
02-24-2005, 10:14 AM
My God...poor A. Coulter.... I hope she has plenty of prozac if she ends up on some small island alone with ljb5! And I don't even know her...

Alan D. Hyde
02-24-2005, 10:28 AM
http://www.anncoulter.com/images/photo.jpg

She DOES appear a little... worried...

Alan

[ 02-24-2005, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Alan D. Hyde ]

Sam F
02-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by MJC:
I'd like to...
Convince Sam F that evolution is a fact.
Who says I don’t accept evolution as a fact? It’s Darwin I don’t accept as factual.

Originally posted by Sam F:
… But I have no problem with Evolution as a model. We even teach it ourselves, but as what is it; an imperfect model. It serves as a handy way to think of the familial relationship between species and is undoubtedly correct in describing how a species becomes extinct (though extinction is typically very much faster than Darwin envisioned). It also works pretty well in describing how species become better at what they do. Describing how, for instance, an insect or disease gains resistance to a poison.
But until it is fact, it remains a theory. As time has gone by, the problems with Darwinian Evolution, rather than recede, have in fact multiplied. I predict that it will be replaced by some other Evolutionary theory that better accounts for direct observation... What would one think about predicting “some other Evolutionary theory” to replace Darwin vis-à-vis the term fact? .
What I’d like to see on the Forum is for people read and consider what is actually said rather than jumping into a pre-programmed response. Geez! Some here make me suspect that B.F. Skinner was right! :eek:

Speaking of right - Skuthorp is only half right. It is indeed a sort of warped fun to see the Secularists find themselves in the same predicament as they like to put Fundamentalists in. But were I convinced of Darwinism I would indeed say so - as I once did.
Considering the inadequacy of the Darwinists these days, I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting on that happening again if I were you. smile.gif